U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2007, 10:28 AM

40 posts, read 171,722 times

Advertisements

Sorry I know this is a personal thread. But I am having a baby in August and plan to move to Charlotte in June. Can anyone recommend a good, FEMALE OB/GYN in Charlotte/Concord. I prefer a doctor in her 30's to 40's. Easy to talk to, approachable, good reputation, and access to good hospitals. Ladies please tell me about your experiences with child birth and who you would recommend. I forgot to add one thing: I need someone who speaks easily understandable English (I know that sounds mean, but I am a ESL teacher too).

Last edited by mayjormom; 02-08-2007 at 11:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2007, 12:45 PM

390 posts, read 1,366,828 times
I've seen Dr. Leslie Hansen-Lindner and Dr. Maureen Beursken at Charlotte OBGYN - I go to the Edgehill Location, which I think may have actually moved across the street to the hospital since I've been there. Dr. Beursken delivered my second daughter and she was awesome! Not the most warm and fuzzy, but a much easier delivery than my first daughter.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:25 PM

60 posts, read 279,383 times
Default Doctor

Hey there!
I have been going to Greater Carolina's Women's Center since I moved to Charlotte in 1993. The group there has delivered both of my beautiful boys and I could not be more pleased. There is one female doctor, however, I have not met her before. Considering I have been seeing the doctors who started the practice from the beginning and they are absolutely the most caring doctors I have ever come across, I can't imagine that she would be anything but the same.

Their office is connected to Carolinas Medical Center-University and this year they just opened their brand new Maternity wing of the hospital. It wasn't open when I delivered my son in '05, but I hear it's really nice.

There is only one doctor in the practice I do not care for, but I do not think he handles deliveries any longer. I think he focuses on more "mature" women and their needs.

PM me if you have any other questions. You could not make a better decision, IMO.

Have a great weekend!
Nicole

Old 02-08-2007, 09:31 PM

46 posts, read 131,829 times
Default charlotte mommies

My daughter belongs to the Charlotte Mommies board and really enjoys all of the information that she has obtained through the women on line. They get together for play dates and things. Check it out.

Old 02-09-2007, 05:20 AM

1,891 posts, read 5,548,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by megassel View Post
I've seen Dr. Leslie Hansen-Lindner and Dr. Maureen Beursken at Charlotte OBGYN - I go to the Edgehill Location, which I think may have actually moved across the street to the hospital since I've been there. Dr. Beursken delivered my second daughter and she was awesome! Not the most warm and fuzzy, but a much easier delivery than my first daughter.
This is too funny...Dr. Hansen-Lindner is my Dr....and Dr. Beurskens delivered my daughter too (well, actually the hospital nurse did, but Dr. Beurskens was there soon after...) Small world...

Old 02-09-2007, 11:34 AM

132 posts, read 427,780 times
My choice would be Eastover- University OB/GYN. They have a wonderful staff, including Dr Suzanna Fox who is a wonderful OB/GYN. Their location is at the Carolina's Medical Center University Hospital. Their number is 704-548-1671.

Both of my children were delivered by Doctors at this practice, and the care I received was outstanding. My daughter was high risk, and Dr Fox was absolutely wonderful in making sure I knew everything that was going on. Plus the University Hospital has a new Maternity Center!

The majority of my friends go to this practice, and have done so for years. I can say that about all of our kids were delivered by the Docs at Eastover University, and we all give them high praise. From two sets of twins to high risk...the handled it all!

Good luck!

Anita

Old 02-09-2007, 06:16 PM

390 posts, read 1,366,828 times
"and Dr. Beurskens delivered my daughter too (well, actually the hospital nurse did, but Dr. Beurskens was there soon after...) Small world..."

How funny - and as I typed I kept thinking, "Does Dr. Beursken/s have an S on the end of her name or not? I can't believe I don't know that exact name of the doctor who delivered one of my kids!"

Old 02-10-2007, 04:59 AM

1,891 posts, read 5,548,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by megassel View Post
"and Dr. Beurskens delivered my daughter too (well, actually the hospital nurse did, but Dr. Beurskens was there soon after...) Small world..."

How funny - and as I typed I kept thinking, "Does Dr. Beursken/s have an S on the end of her name or not? I can't believe I don't know that exact name of the doctor who delivered one of my kids!"
Totally understandable...not the first thing on my mind in the delivery room either
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte