U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 10:58 AM

92 posts, read 244,562 times

Advertisements

so here's a wild question......... they have closed this intersection for 3 weeks for repairs, does anyone on aero plantation have an opinion on whether drivers could use their roads to bypass this bridge instead of taking the long hike around the big roads to get to wedddington school? I don't think there are a stack of people trying to make this trip each day as the district attendance maps are close to this area, but it is going to add a lot of time and gas to the journeys to and from school each day for 3 weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 11:10 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,872,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uk2va2nc View Post
so here's a wild question......... they have closed this intersection for 3 weeks for repairs, does anyone on aero plantation have an opinion on whether drivers could use their roads to bypass this bridge instead of taking the long hike around the big roads to get to wedddington school? I don't think there are a stack of people trying to make this trip each day as the district attendance maps are close to this area, but it is going to add a lot of time and gas to the journeys to and from school each day for 3 weeks.

I guess you could take that up with someone at Aero Plantation, but since their roads are plainly marked PRIVATE, my guess is no.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:06 PM

yah, that's what i was thinking, too

Old 09-23-2008, 06:19 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,147,016 times
I think that it would be more than just people trying to get to Weddington schools. This is pretty much a nightmare, as I spent 1 hour and 5 mintues today to get from the intersection of Hwy 84 and Waxhaw Indian Trial Rd down Hwy 84 to Hwy 16. ONE HOUR. There was no wreck and no construction, just traffic. This is really bad.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:28 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,872,400 times
Where exactly is the bridge out? Is it the one just before Twelve Mile Creek (coming from Providence Rd/Hwy 16)? Or the one after Twelve Mile Creek, or both?

We need to brainstorm some detour routes to help folks get around during the bridge upgrade. Coming from Providence Rd, trying to get to Weddington High School, you could take Cuthbertson Road to Newtown to Lester Davis Rd to Hwy 84. Or, if the left turn is too hard there, just go on up to Waxhaw-Indian Trail/Hwy 1008, and cut across there to the stoplight at Siler Church.

I am so glad I'm not still making that trek from Marvin to WHS right now. You are right! This is a mess, albeit a temporary one. Let's hope they get a "move on" with the bridge construction.

Last edited by marvinnative; 09-24-2008 at 08:49 AM..

Old 09-24-2008, 10:14 AM

1,891 posts, read 5,553,635 times
Yes it is the one just before Twelve Mile Creek Road coming from 16.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:52 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,147,016 times
Default Could be a long wait....

....According to the DOT site, it isn't scheduled to reopen until mid November.

Today, I dropped the kids at New Town ES and took Waxhaw Indian Trail Road to Beulah Church, then on to Hemby Rd and then on to Hwy16 up to I485. Wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

But it is still a PITA to have to do that though.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:19 PM

well i'd love aero plantation to open up their roads to the public for this few weeks but I understand their desire to maintain their environment too, i sure don't want to drive through there if i'm gonna get stopped, so i'll be driving round the long way and hoping my gas doesn't run out too soon

Old 09-24-2008, 07:30 PM

673 posts, read 2,437,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uk2va2nc View Post
There was a cop blocking the entrance to Aero Plantation tonight.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to do the construction over the summer when school traffic wasn't an issue?

Old 09-24-2008, 08:01 PM

yah, that would be a wonderful idea, or work on it overnight, i dunno, is it a dangerous bridge tht need immediate attention
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or