U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-25-2008, 08:19 AM

422 posts, read 840,263 times
Hey all!!! I got gas last night right off Carowinds Blvd..... It was INSANE, and I waited 45 minutes.... BUT, I got gas and it was only $3.75.

Again, EXXON off on Carowinds Blvd, right off the exit off 77.

I drove past this morning and AGAIN a big line... Im sure they will run out again, so get there soon if you need to.

Hope this helps!!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 08:41 AM

16,311 posts, read 14,152,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
What's the difference if your tank is half full and you get gas versus being close to empty and having to fill your entire tank (not to mention the potential road hazard you'll be if you run out of gas looking for fuel)?
Because YOU do not need gas, the people with none are the ones need it. It is the GREED that fuels YOUR need for gas, not a true need. Your GREED may well leave someone with NONE, but apparently that is not on the radar of the GREEDY.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:04 AM

371 posts, read 669,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
So why is it stupid to want a full tank?
Maybe stupid wasn't the right word. But if you have half a tank, then why are you stopping for gas.....especially when you know there's a shortage. I stopped in Mooresville with 80 miles to empty (gotta love that feature on my car)......no lines, and still only got 10 gallons of gas, because I don't want to give into the hysteria. If you read a lot of the articles regarding the shortage very carefully, it's apparent that we are causing this madness ourselves. Raleigh is having no problems.....because they're not freaking out.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:06 AM

16,311 posts, read 14,152,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
So why is it stupid to want a full tank?
You do realize that your greed will most likely cause someone with no gas somewhere in line behind you to not get any gas, don't you?

Do you care?

Old 09-25-2008, 09:11 AM

92 posts, read 179,747 times
What about the folk who fill up those 15 mpg gas guzzlers, at lease when i fill my tank it will take me 100's of miles til it needs a refill!!!!

Old 09-25-2008, 09:14 AM

4,282 posts, read 6,978,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncgirl98 View Post
Raleigh is having no problems.....because they're not freaking out.
I am fairly certain the majority of Raleigh's fuel comes from the New Orleans area.

They enjoyed the same situation we currently have after Katrina.
Charlotte had a spike, but not mass outages.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:14 AM

8,367 posts, read 10,034,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncgirl98 View Post
Raleigh is having no problems.....because they're not freaking out.
That's not entirely true. The morning after Ike hit, gas stations the next morning (In the Charlotte area) did not have gas and the ones that did hiked up their prices...(remember the recent gas gouging?)

this was a shock to me that morning..had no idea that there was a problem. Petro Express somwhere mentioned that we needed to "voluntarily" limit to 10 gallons.

I don't consider people who want or need gas at that point "freaking out". If the station is charging $5.00/gallon, or they have no gas, what are you supposed to do?

Its very easy for people to critcize who aren't affected....

Old 09-25-2008, 09:24 AM

422 posts, read 840,263 times
Whats all this about giving in to the hysteria??? If you need gas, you need gas....

Old 09-25-2008, 09:29 AM

4,282 posts, read 6,978,131 times
Colonial Pipeline FAQ

Old 09-25-2008, 09:31 AM

852 posts, read 1,614,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBeginnings12 View Post
Whats all this about giving in to the hysteria??? If you need gas, you need gas....
I think that's the point - if you need gas get it - if you only want to top off then have a little think about what you are doing. Working for a service company that runs 15 trucks it's hard for them to keep on the road servicing others because they are in lines waiting for hours for gas while people are lining up topping off and filling gas containers. Nobody is suggesting that you shouldn't get gas but this is a temporary measure and those people who are panicking and rushing out to top off because they like to drive around with full tanks "just in case" are helping to cause the shortage.

Last edited by smclarke4; 09-25-2008 at 09:34 AM.. Reason: sorry forgot to finish sentence
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte