U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2008, 03:06 PM

14,423 posts, read 26,271,049 times

Advertisements

So where else besides the Carolinas are people freaking out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyV
Gas cans are for emergencies. You never know, so don't judge. Last night, I had to rescue someone who had run out of gas after driving around for 40 minutes looking for gas. I brought him what I had in my garage for my lawn mower and that wasn't enough. He stalled again trying to get to a gas station. So he had to take my car, drive down to Fort Mill, wait on line to fill up 2 gas containers, so he could go back and put gas in his car.
Sounds like the person you rescued might be an idiot for not just parking the car and waiting until this madness blows over. If you can drive around for 40 minutes, you must've not needed gas that urgently.

So everyone's topping off, filling the gas cans and the generators (WTF? Is there a hurricane bearing down on the Charlotte area now?) instead of just getting what they need until this supply hiccup is over, then wondering why there are massive lines and stations out of gas. Fools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156
Bottom line: IT'S MY BUSINESS. If I am willing to wait in line for an hour for gas, I should be able to buy it regardless of how much I already have.
I, I, I, me, me, me...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 03:10 PM

422 posts, read 1,218,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Sounds like the person you rescued might be an idiot for not just parking the car and waiting until this madness blows over.

I, I, I, me, me, me...
Your kidding, right???

Old 09-25-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBeginnings12 View Post
Your kidding, right???
Nope.

Old 09-25-2008, 03:15 PM

133 posts, read 457,371 times
Default any word on gas supplies

has anyone heard anything about the status of gas shipments to Western NC, especially in the Charlotte area? I heard Easley will truck some in...can anyone confirm this?

Is the gas flowing from the refineries yet?

Old 09-25-2008, 03:17 PM

5,975 posts, read 17,607,645 times
Jfre81 - I don't see why you are in the Charlotte forum. Are you here to goad or something like that? This is a real problem here, and unless you have something constructive to contribute, then go take your unspent energy to the Great Debates forum.

Old 09-25-2008, 03:17 PM

98 posts, read 303,898 times
Unfortunately, it's the "me, me, me" mentality that has gotten us in this mess. If the people going to the gas stations were the ones who were actually in need (at that time) none of us would have to wait an hour. Instead, panic sets in...such a shame. Some people can't find gas to get to work but at least some can mow the yard!!!

Old 09-25-2008, 03:18 PM

92 posts, read 244,825 times
i agree with the sentiments about having your kids in an suv and also with the idea of getting what you can while you can, isn't that what the wall street guys did, hey they got rich off it too, so now we all want a piece of the 'no gas' pie,
anyhow, it's good to see we can argue on here and when i go to the gas station i'll be smiling and lining up peacefully with the rest of them, we all need somewhere to vent, let's keep it on the message board

Old 09-25-2008, 03:19 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,235,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Nope.
I'm assuming you don't have family who live (or lived) in Galveston and you didn't have a problem w/ evacuating from Ike . . .

Old 09-25-2008, 03:21 PM

98 posts, read 303,898 times
But back to the real question...what stations do have gas now? My gas light is on so I'm not sure that waiting until tomorrow is an option!! Yep, I'm kicking myself now because I didn't panic like most of the city. I was trying to be level-headed...but I guess that in order for that theory to work, everyone else also has to have a level-head

Old 09-25-2008, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Jfre81 - I don't see why you are in the Charlotte forum. Are you here to goad or something like that? This is a real problem here, and unless you have something constructive to contribute, then go take your unspent energy in Great Debates.
Yes, I'm here to mock selfishness and stupidity. How observant of you.

And save me the crying about problems over there. I live where Hurricane Ike actually hit, and here I am laughing at easily panicked people halfway across the country acting like there's no gas. I can go out and get gas without waiting in line, and some of the gas stations here don't even have power yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821
I'm assuming you don't have family who live (or lived) in Galveston and you didn't have a problem w/ evacuating from Ike . . .
I was born and raised in Texas City, 15 miles north of Galveston on the mainland. Try again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte