Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2008, 08:38 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
dh just turned away at providence rd/ardrey kell Texaco after waiting 20 minutes they said NO MORE GAS...so here we go again..as he needs to go uptown tomorrow...
Maybe he should do the park & ride and get on the bus at Stonecrest?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 08:39 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
he can take my truck and i will drive around tomorrow looking for gas again...

Old 09-24-2008, 08:53 PM

225 posts, read 715,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinE View Post
You have half a tank???? I'm trying to conserve and now I'm on fumes and cant find ANYWHERE...I guess I'm not going to work tomorrow
Joining that club. Really not happy here, everyone has plenty of gas, folks in VA have it and its cheap at $3.35. WTF!

Old 09-24-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheenie2000 View Post
I called my brother and SIL who live in Houston and asked them if they had a gas shortage. They aren't having a gas shortage AND their gas prices have DROPPED!!!! CNN said today that gas prices have dropped around the country (about 7 cents). This really irritates me!

So what is it? The weak spineless politicans here in NC and SC

Old 09-24-2008, 09:04 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRKLYN2CLT View Post
A quick thank you to the Lancaster County Sheriff's Office. After waiting over an one hour and fifteen minutes, southbound on 521....I got to the entrance of the Shell station. The Sheriffs officer told me to pass the station make a left come back around and enter off of 160. I asked him why? I'm at the entrance now? He stated "do it" The guy in front of me didn't listen and pulled in. The officer chased him down by foot and was not happy (I saw the citation book in hand). I did as I was told, went around and back tracked; then sat in line for 2o more minutes. I was about ready to pull into the Station when an employee was waving everyone...saying "SORRY OUT OF GAS!!!" Thank you very much officer. Hopefully, I can find some tomorrow morning, I have a half of tank left.
PEOPLE FILLING UP WHEN THEY HAVE HALF A TANK ARE A MAJOR CONTRIBUTOR TO THE PROBLEM. IT IS UNNECESSARY GREED!

Old 09-24-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
My neighbors ran out of gas yesterday while looking for gas, so they kept their 3 kids home from school today (they go to a private Christian school without bus transportation). They were able to scrounge some up today so their kids can go to school tomorrow. This is just nuts!

Where are our fearless political leaders. Why haven't they come out and spoken about this.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:21 PM

144 posts, read 403,815 times
anyone know of any stations in or around the Matthews area? we are TOTALLY out at my house. My fiance's boss had to come pick up him up from home a little while ago. The gas station off 51 and Monroe had lines that went past downtown Matthews and the walmart gas station was just as bad.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:25 PM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
PEOPLE FILLING UP WHEN THEY HAVE HALF A TANK ARE A MAJOR CONTRIBUTOR TO THE PROBLEM. IT IS UNNECESSARY GREED!
What's the difference if your tank is half full and you get gas versus being close to empty and having to fill your entire tank (not to mention the potential road hazard you'll be if you run out of gas looking for fuel)?

Last edited by Stripes17; 09-24-2008 at 09:26 PM.. Reason: clarity

Old 09-24-2008, 09:39 PM

25 posts, read 72,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
What's the difference if your tank is half full and you get gas versus being close to empty and having to fill your entire tank (not to mention the potential road hazard you'll be if you run out of gas looking for fuel)?
Bc you can get gas later in the week when the lines arent 2 miles long?

Old 09-24-2008, 09:39 PM

26 posts, read 107,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
Ok- University City Blvd at John Kirk- Circle K has gas @ 3.99. The Shell across the street has gas @ 3.99. The Hess on the right, heading toward Harrisburg has 87 posted price is 3.95- pump is dispensing at 3.89- NO lines, no wait!

Are you kidding me???? I just drove all around mallard creek and WT harris looking for gas. I thought it would be pointless to check those two stations because it's such a high traffic area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte