U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2008, 07:38 AM

28 posts, read 75,741 times

Advertisements

Hello My DH is in the union and we are moving to Midland (where his union hall is based) but he will work within 40 miles in any direction at various times. So we are looking for a waterfront home whether it be lakeside or riverside. We would like to stay close to midland like within 20 miles. Also our price range is under $100k if possible. School district and safe neighborhoods are very important to us.

Also I have no job as of yet I currently babysit from my home and may continue the same thing there or try to serve somewhere so keep that in mind when recommending cities or towns.

And my husband works outside so how brutal are the winters? Does it snow alot? Our main reason for leaving cincinnati Ohio is because there is nothing here to do. There is no hiking, our river is polluted, no lakes withing 90minutes. You can go to a park or a bar that's about it. So are there abundant things to do in NC. We are really into dirtbiking

Ty in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 08:59 AM

45,270 posts, read 88,310,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haileigh32 View Post
Hello My DH is in the union and we are moving to Midland (where his union hall is based) but he will work within 40 miles in any direction at various times. So we are looking for a waterfront home whether it be lakeside or riverside. We would like to stay close to midland like within 20 miles. Also our price range is under $100k if possible. School district and safe neighborhoods are very important to us.

Also I have no job as of yet I currently babysit from my home and may continue the same thing there or try to serve somewhere so keep that in mind when recommending cities or towns.

And my husband works outside so how brutal are the winters? Does it snow alot? Our main reason for leaving cincinnati Ohio is because there is nothing here to do. There is no hiking, our river is polluted, no lakes withing 90minutes. You can go to a park or a bar that's about it. So are there abundant things to do in NC. We are really into dirtbiking

Ty in advance

You really have only one option if you want to stay within 20 miles of Midland AND be near water. Just realize, you won't be on the lake in your price range. Start investigating Lake Tillery and the nearby town of Albemarle. This is a small town kind of in the middle of nothing but the country so you could probably find a home you can afford and then visit the lake.

Winters here are not brutal at all. We are lucky if we get 1-2 snows a year. We tend to have ice storms instead of snow actually, but again, only once a year usually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or