Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 05:55 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,427,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocula View Post
I am kind of new to the area and am afraid the Arrowood drive location will be busy.

I hate to be such a pain, but can someone please suggest a rural area to try to go to? I am in Waxhaw.

Thanks

Has anyone used an appointment in a busier location? How did that go?

Thanks again, I really appreciate all of this.
I use the one on Hwy 74 all the time. Not sure when you went, but the best time that I have found is mid-week around 2 or 3 o'clock. You'll still wait, but it isn't all that bad. Avoid the mornings at all costs though. Like the OP said, make sure you have all your paper work in order or you'll get bounced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 07:40 PM

518 posts, read 2,061,190 times
March of 07 I made an appointment for my son to get his license at the Mooresville DMV, the appt was at 9:00am. While there I also renewed my license. At 9:40 am we were back on 85 South heading home. It is a little difficult to find, weird area for a DMV, but I believe I did mapquest and if you follow the directions, should take you right there. We were there, but couldn't find it right away, give yourself extra minutes to find it.
My younger son, I took him on his 15th bday, Dec 19, 07 to get his license at the DMV on N. Tryon (University), yeah I know what you gonna say m i s t a k e. I made the appointment about a month before, but when we got there, hardly anyone was there. Really didn't need the appointment. I think being a week from Christmas everyone was doing other things. I will make an appointment for his license, not sure what location yet though.

Make sure she studies the book good. The questions are odd, not the 'typical' driving questions, pay attention to what the fines/charges for specific laws are and the tractor question. There is a practice test in the book also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte