U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 03:12 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,199,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
Just send the directions...I'll be there, Mint Juleps in hand...
I'll save you a spot right next to mine. We can roast marshmellows w/ the kids in the evenings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 03:14 PM

3,356 posts, read 8,885,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I'll save you a spot right next to mine. We can roast marshmellows w/ the kids in the evenings.

And if it gets really bad roast the kids instead.................

Old 09-29-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman View Post
And if it gets really bad roast the kids instead.................
EEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK!

Old 09-29-2008, 03:26 PM

3,356 posts, read 8,885,378 times
Quote:
EEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK!
I was talking about the baby goats on 160, what where you thinking?

Old 09-29-2008, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman View Post
I was talking about the baby goats on 160, what where you thinking?
ROFL!!!

But still . . baby goats??? They are so CUTE!!!!!!

Old 09-29-2008, 03:31 PM

628 posts, read 1,858,661 times
I'm a bit concerned about this buyout. I am not in the banking industry however, I am extremely concerned about the impact on the Charlotte economy. I am convinced that Citigroup is going to move a heck of a lot of jobs out of the Charlotte area. This could hurt us big time!!! No matter what they say...business is business...and NYC is the banking capital of the US as well as Citigroups Hqtrs!!!

Old 09-29-2008, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRKLYN2CLT View Post
I'm a bit concerned about this buyout. I am not in the banking industry however, I am extremely concerned about the impact on the Charlotte economy. I am convinced that Citigroup is going to move a heck of a lot of jobs out of the Charlotte area. This could hurt us big time!!! No matter what they say...business is business...and NYC is the banking capital of the US as well as Citigroups Hqtrs!!!
Hey, Brklyn!

Well, if they move jobs out (transfers) that is not bad. At least people won't lose jobs. It is just laying people off that is a concern.

Old 09-29-2008, 03:52 PM

628 posts, read 1,858,661 times
Quote:
Hey, Brklyn!

Well, if they move jobs out (transfers) that is not bad. At least people won't lose jobs. It is just laying people off that is a concern.
Moving Jobs out could be devastating to Charlotte's already poor job market. As for layoffs, they will almost definitely come as consolidation of some operations takes place. I hope I'm over reacting but, this could be crippling to the Charlotte economy.

Old 09-29-2008, 03:54 PM

2,177 posts, read 2,917,998 times
Oh my gosh, some of these posts are pretty interesting. I read with interest the ones from SunnieD27 (who I am pretty sure is also SSD3 if I recall the S/n correctly). You know, the mean spiritedness of that post amazes me. How about a LITTLE compassion (you know, compassion...like most of US had when your mother in law ..I think that was who it was...was in the accident when you were moving here if you are indeed SSD3). The same people who welcomed you and wished you the very best. The same ones who sincerely hoped you would get over your issues with moving away from your beloved NY.

You may not like Charlotte...we get it...but you know, most people here care about one another. They stick together like glue, thru the thick and the thin. We all read your other whiny posts about Charlotte being over rated. Can you PLEASE find some way to go back where you want to be?

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, my heart goes out to those at Wachovia who are in limbo tonight. Hang in there, let the dust settle, and with the grace of God you will be OK. Thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Sorry folks, this post is pretty negative but I had to vent.

Old 09-29-2008, 04:02 PM

1,588 posts, read 3,564,671 times
Quote:
Where are you getting info on National City? They have been very cautious w/ their lending practices (I thought). Geeezz.
Their stocks are following WaMu's (i.e. NCC is now at 1.36). I'm sure depositors at both institutions are acting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte