U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 02:14 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,179,255 times

Advertisements

Well, the Great Depression was heralded in by the populace when they all made a run on the banks . . . and that was b/f the internet, LOL. Heck, most people didnt even have phones back then. People panic and they don't think about long term implications of their actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 02:16 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,171,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
No kidding. No use to go to pieces. Transitions in the corporate world take some time . . . decisions have to be implemented.

You should read some of the other boards . . . people are literally talking about withdrawing their money from the bank . . . this is not the time to panic!!!!!
The worst thing anyone can do right now is to withdraw all of their money!!! It's all connected. People withdraw their money = Dow drops = no liquidity for corporations = no money for loans, salaries, etc.
Ride it out people!!! This too shall pass!

Now Congress has to get to work on a better bailout plan!
(I say: let's take a look at how much we're spending on keeping the troops overseas....just a thought)

Old 09-29-2008, 02:18 PM

Oooops! "Alert" is spelled with one "L".

Old 09-29-2008, 02:18 PM

569 posts, read 1,224,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheTank2 View Post
Jim Cramer told us to buy two stocks on Friday's show. One was Wachovia stock (then at $10 per share). This guys has been wrong so much more then he has been right. The only reason he is on TV is because he truly is crazy and its fun to watch.

Could not agree more. Jim Cramer is fun to watch but I do not put too much stock into what he says. No pun intended.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:22 PM

2,742 posts, read 5,995,487 times
And to the other poster, they've already announced the status of where the headquarters and other operations will be.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 09-29-2008 at 11:25 PM.. Reason: the post in reference has been deleted

Old 09-29-2008, 02:26 PM
Status: "North of Palm Trees, South of High Taxes" (set 10 days ago)

5,607 posts, read 6,697,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
The worst thing anyone can do right now is to withdraw all of their money!!! It's all connected. People withdraw their money = Dow drops = no liquidity for corporations = no money for loans, salaries, etc.
Ride it out people!!! This too shall pass!

Now Congress has to get to work on a better bailout plan!
(I say: let's take a look at how much we're spending on keeping the troops overseas....just a thought)
stmaarten - Many people think that if the war ended tomorrow there would be money to pay for this bailout. That is simply not true! All the money for the war is borrowed too!: A double-whammy of borrowing!

We're even worse off than the general public thinks!

Old 09-29-2008, 02:30 PM

1,852 posts, read 4,675,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Native 1 View Post
Could not agree more. Jim Cramer is fun to watch but I do not put too much stock into what he says. No pun intended.
Agreed, He is pure Entertainment now, if you ever take advice from a lunatic on tv, I hate to see what happens if these people accidently find the home shopping network.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:30 PM

The bars in and around Wall Street are going to be PACKED tonight!
I was there in 1987...everyone just got drunk...

Old 09-29-2008, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
stmaarten - Many people think that if the war ended tomorrow there would be money to pay for this bailout. That is simply not true! All the money for the war is borrowed too!: A double-whammy of borrowing!

We're even worse off than the general public thinks!
So scary! But if we ended the war, at least we can begin to stop the hemorrhaging somewhere.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:46 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,179,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
So scary! But if we ended the war, at least we can begin to stop the hemorrhaging somewhere.
Plus, it would be psychologically good (for me, anyway). I don't like having our soldiers in harm's way - I want them home.

Everyone needs to calm down. I have been thru/ all sorts of situations in life . . . including a situation when my employer could not make payroll (it happens!!!) and another situation when we all came to work and there were big chains on the doors w/ a notice - b/c all assets had been seized by the IRS!!!! I didn't get paid for that job for months, and this was when I was a young kid right out of college and needed every penny.

So things happen and we all survive.

Meanwhile, I am looking at some land . . . and if the sky falls, my CD buds can come put their trailers beside mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte