U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 05:20 PM

59 posts, read 136,808 times

Advertisements

As somebody from Fort Lauderdale who is close to making the move to Charlotte (Huntersville, actually) -- I'm just curious, how do you like it up there so far?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 05:22 PM

7,529 posts, read 6,150,226 times
from Davie to Kannapolis 20 months ago. Couldn't be happier. PM me if you want to know anything specific.

Good Luck

Old 10-01-2008, 06:49 PM

1,894 posts, read 5,739,398 times
Wife and I moved from Central Florida...couldn't be happier with the move. The picking up friends thing has been a little slow since we're stuck in that done with college but have no kids realm! But the place has lived up to everything we expected and learned about through researching the area.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:58 PM

221 posts, read 650,021 times
from tampa to here and it has been the best move for us. Just wish that we could get some family to make the move too. Maybe grandparents to babysit

Old 10-01-2008, 06:59 PM

925 posts, read 1,860,088 times
From Orlando to Jacksonville to Port St. John to Okeechobee to Monroe, near Charlotte. The whole family loves it. We have two sons 10 and 5 and they don't want to go anywhere else.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:01 PM

673 posts, read 2,438,336 times
We moved here 18 months ago from Pembroke Pines and are happy we did so. I like the seasons here, and fall is my favorite one! I will caution you - not everything is cheaper here like we thought.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:03 PM

1,521 posts, read 4,483,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frustratedinflorida View Post
As somebody from Fort Lauderdale who is close to making the move to Charlotte (Huntersville, actually) -- I'm just curious, how do you like it up there so far?
Anything specific you maybe looking for in Huntersville to compare to FL?

Old 10-01-2008, 08:23 PM

59 posts, read 136,808 times
Default Looking for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by QC Misfit View Post
Anything specific you maybe looking for in Huntersville to compare to FL?
Yeah, less people, better schools, cheaper housing. You got any of that up there?

That's all, I'm pretty simple. LOL

I was up there a few months visiting and have been doing lots of research. We just want a better place to raise a kid. I'm all set, just like to hear from some others who left Florida.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:06 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,483,843 times
Funny! Not sure if it keeps up we maybe considered N. Florida

I left Florida after my vacation was up seeing the mouse does this count?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frustratedinflorida View Post
Yeah, less people, better schools, cheaper housing. You got any of that up there?

That's all, I'm pretty simple. LOL

I was up there a few months visiting and have been doing lots of research. We just want a better place to raise a kid. I'm all set, just like to hear from some others who left Florida.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:31 AM

737 posts, read 1,876,061 times
Weston (FTL) to CLT in May, couldnt be happier.
The negatives:
-food costs more
-we have to drive further to get to McD's (we dont go that often anyways, but its nice to have one nearby)
-no Popeyes chicken
-no Cuban bread
-no Publix
-no MLB (yes, I actually went to the Marlins games)
The positives:
-the people actually wave and say hello
-traffic at its worst is better than Miami by 10 fold
-housing prices are incredible for what you get (most homes in my area are 1/2 acre
-we have already lit our fireplace 4 times!
-our leaves are changing color, not being blown off by storm after storm

Overall- the best thing I ever did was move my family here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte