U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2013, 03:51 PM

3,262 posts, read 3,991,525 times

Advertisements

Both the new Concord and Mooresville locations are now officially listed on the Popeyes website. Interesting that Concord now has 2 locations whereas for years there were none. Perhaps more new stores in Gastonia, Rock Hill and greater Charlotte will eventually come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 12:43 AM

600 posts, read 760,061 times
Looks like a Popeyes restaurant is planned for Charlotte proper. It's going to be located on Eastway and Central Ave, in the same lot in front of the old Walmart, which is now a US Foods. Here's the building permit:

https://aca.accela.com/charlotte/Cap...0&capID3=00097

Old 02-08-2013, 08:13 AM

150 posts, read 276,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squibyroll22 View Post
Hi, Does anyone know if there is a "Popeyes Chicken & Biscuits" place around here in Charlotte? Back in NY it was what kept me sane and now that I'm here I need it more then ever so please, anyone!!!
There is a Popeyes at Concord Mills mall, in the food court.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:22 AM

11,372 posts, read 8,912,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Strike View Post
Looks like a Popeyes restaurant is planned for Charlotte proper. It's going to be located on Eastway and Central Ave, in the same lot in front of the old Walmart, which is now a US Foods. Here's the building permit:

https://aca.accela.com/charlotte/Cap...0&capID3=00097
There is a God... my prayers have been answered. lol...

Old 02-08-2013, 09:13 AM

150 posts, read 276,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrm View Post
There is a Popeyes at Concord Mills mall, in the food court.
Isn't there already a Church's Chicken right there? I haven't been out that way in a while.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:10 PM

183 posts, read 322,253 times
There arent any other Popeye's locations in Rock Hill other than the college, is there? My gf and I swear that we saw one out there once and we went out that way last night trying to find it and couldn't remember where we saw it. We drove around for awhile and found nothing. Also endlessly googled it and found nada. Was it a Popeyes oasis or is there actually a new one out there somewhere?? Sorry if this has been covered recently, but I wasnt about to read a 20+ page thread about chicken! LOL

Old 03-03-2013, 02:08 PM

Location: NOT in the Land of lollipops & unicorns...I live in reality.
980 posts, read 865,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
There is a Popeye's at a travel plaza between Greensboro and Burlington on I-40/85. Also some locations east of Raleigh, and one down in Columbia, SC. Also in Atlanta area and northern Virginia, Maryland. Would like to see them in Charlotte and Greenville-Spartanburg, but probably won't happen because of Bojangle's. Also would like to see Roy Rogers come here. Great roast beef, burgers, and fried chicken.
RIIIIIIIGHT...and I was told for the past 27 years that PUBLIX wouldn't be coming to Charlotte or NC because of Harris Teeter....and lookeu now!!! I won't say it was ALL my doing, alone, but I have made it part of my bucket list to do and here she comes! Corner of So.Bv and Iverson soon! Popeye's was always great in So.FL and if you ask them...enough, they WILL come! I never dreamed HTeeter would $ELL, but sure looks like they might...and don't let that door hit them in the arise when they do!

Old 03-03-2013, 02:30 PM

7,672 posts, read 9,376,753 times
I too miss Popeye's, I loved their red beans and rice and actually found a copycat recipe to keep me going. I do like Bojangles but it doesn't come close to Popeye's. Oh and their biscuits! Sigh.

Now the best fried chicken that blows them both out of the water? Price's Chicken Coop. I thought it was going to be over rated with all the hype it gets, but omigosh so good.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:19 PM

8,402 posts, read 19,598,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
I too miss Popeye's, I loved their red beans and rice and actually found a copycat recipe to keep me going. I do like Bojangles but it doesn't come close to Popeye's. Oh and their biscuits! Sigh.

Now the best fried chicken that blows them both out of the water? Price's Chicken Coop. I thought it was going to be over rated with all the hype it gets, but omigosh so good.
I've had Price's a couple times and still don't see what the fuss is all about. I'd much rather have one of their fish sandwiches.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:44 PM

1,899 posts, read 4,363,351 times
Cajun Yard Dog in the Arboritum has the BEST fried chicken!!! Yummmmmmm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte