U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2013, 05:59 PM

469 posts, read 745,632 times

Advertisements

I've been to a few Popeye's in other states a few times and love the chicken and the biscuits (not a fan of their dirty rice). Anyway, I found myself at Concord Mills and ordered a meal with corn on the cob. I asked for butter - they didn't have any. What? Who wants a biscuit with no butter. The guy said - we brush them with butter and it's plenty. I told him - not for me (and it wasn't). And for the corn on the cob, he said it was doused in butter, but the little bag it was in was just the watery mess that the corn was cooked in with a little yellowish tinge. I doubt I'll ever go back just because I can't get a packet of butter. First one I've ever been to that didn't have it. He did offer me jelly or honey for the biscuit, but sorry, that's not a substitute for butter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2013, 07:01 PM

11,720 posts, read 9,343,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go To Girl View Post
I've been to a few Popeye's in other states a few times and love the chicken and the biscuits (not a fan of their dirty rice). Anyway, I found myself at Concord Mills and ordered a meal with corn on the cob. I asked for butter - they didn't have any. What? Who wants a biscuit with no butter. The guy said - we brush them with butter and it's plenty. I told him - not for me (and it wasn't). And for the corn on the cob, he said it was doused in butter, but the little bag it was in was just the watery mess that the corn was cooked in with a little yellowish tinge. I doubt I'll ever go back just because I can't get a packet of butter. First one I've ever been to that didn't have it. He did offer me jelly or honey for the biscuit, but sorry, that's not a substitute for butter.
Good... one less person in line.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:59 AM

106 posts, read 152,060 times
I agree with you Go To Girl. That particular popeyes does not seem to be the same quality as the rest of their locations.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:12 AM

84 posts, read 131,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
They were interviewing folks up in New Jersey six months after the devastation of the hurricane.

One fellow stated that things were getting back to normal. He went on to state that most homes, schools and businesses were opening.

The reporter asked, " How about the churches?"

The man replied,"we get our chicken at Popeyes, don't care about Churches."

That sums it up,
hahhahahahhaaha. this is exactly what I needed on a monday. Thank you and rep'ed. lol

Old 05-14-2013, 02:56 PM

3,438 posts, read 4,309,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cltlilly View Post
I agree with you Go To Girl. That particular popeyes does not seem to be the same quality as the rest of their locations.
That Popeye's is operated by the franchise food court vendor and is not a corporate or independent franchise store. Most of the food courts vendors are managed by the same operator, HMS Host.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:51 PM

9 posts, read 12,949 times
The one near carolina mall concord is much better than the one in Concord mills, it's almost as if they are two different chains.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:57 PM

3,438 posts, read 4,309,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John2020 View Post
The one near carolina mall concord is much better than the one in Concord mills, it's almost as if they are two different chains.
The freestanding stores are usually better than the food court versions. Just like up north, the freestanding Roy Rogers in Virginia and Maryland are often better than the travel plazas on the Jersey Turnpike. And Roy Rogers has good fried chicken also, along with good burgers and their roast beef sandwich is much better than Arby's. I just wish they would put one here. Their last Carolina store was in Greensboro.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:48 AM

357 posts, read 559,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Is there a Popeye's hiding somewhere or in a small town near Charlotte?
I see there ads all the time on WBTV.
No longer on the outskirts, but here in Charlotte.

Almost near completion on Wilkinson Blvd vicinity of the Walmart, just west of Ashley Road.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:15 PM

441 posts, read 1,283,957 times
I love me some Popeyes!!
The one in Mooresville is awesome. I had such good sevice I really should have commended the manager. All fast food places could take ques from that store.
Bojangles ain't got nothin on Popeyes!

Old 11-06-2013, 08:20 PM

2,115 posts, read 6,440,324 times
Popeye's being built in Monroe on 74W. Don't know projected opening date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte