U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2013, 06:58 PM

5,512 posts, read 7,012,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT2012 View Post
I just had Popeyes chicken in concord mills mall and have eaten multiple times before in Ga. Honestly, I don't understand the hype. It costed $11+ for a 5pc chicken finger meal with drink. It's just ok and not worth the price Imo. Personally, I prefer chick fil a or zaxbys and sometimes bojangles
Not sure if this is the case for Popeyes at Concord Mills but a lot of times the food court prices are higher than the regular stores.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2013, 07:24 PM

3,156 posts, read 3,774,965 times
And sometimes food court and travel plaza stores are not as good quality as the regular stores, and the prices are often indeed higher.

Old 12-29-2013, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini365i View Post
I remember Roy Rogers had a presence in Brooklyn when I was a kid in the 80's. The Chicken was good then. Soon after they disappeared. When I came down on trips to Charlotte, we would make rest stops in some places like VA or Maryland or DC, and I believe I went into a few Roy Rogers spots. Good food.
Roy Rogers is now expanding again in Northern Virginia and Maryland. Nice clean stores and good food.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:22 PM

731 posts, read 1,809,241 times
As one of the original posters back when this thread started in 2008, I couldn't be happier to see more stores opening up. I've been to the Concord Mills, Mooresville, Rock Hill and Concord locations, Concord is by far my favorite. For some reason, the chicken is always made fresh there, not at all like at Concord Mills. The prices at the mall are higher, and of course the strips cost more than the actual chicken pieces. You can usually get 8 pieces, 2 sides and 4 biscuits with a gallon of tea for $20 if you stay away from the food court. I still say that there is no comparison for flavor and value between Popeyes and Bojangles. I would agree with Carmen that the Publix box of chicken would be my favorite second choice.

Old 10-21-2014, 08:53 AM

A new Popeyes opened in Gastonia back in September on Franklin Blvd. Next to Lowe's and Kmart. I stopped there a week ago when I was passing through the area. Their spicy fried chicken was crisp and fresh, and had great flavor and nice portions. A bit more of a spicy kick than Bojangle's. Cajun rice was also good. Nice clean store, and they are apparently continuing their expansion in the Charlotte market. I hope they will eventually move into the Greenville/Spartanburg area of SC, but Bojangle's continues to expand heavily here. But I will say I have also enjoyed Bojangle's chicken recently, which is also nicely seasoned and nice large portions. I am not pleased with the smaller, strange cuts of chicken at KFC these days. I will choose Popeyes or Bojangle's.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:17 AM

20,068 posts, read 24,955,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
A new Popeyes opened in Gastonia back in September on Franklin Blvd. Next to Lowe's and Kmart. I stopped there a week ago when I was passing through the area. Their spicy fried chicken was crisp and fresh, and had great flavor and nice portions. A bit more of a spicy kick than Bojangle's. Cajun rice was also good. Nice clean store, and they are apparently continuing their expansion in the Charlotte market. I hope they will eventually move into the Greenville/Spartanburg area of SC, but Bojangle's continues to expand heavily here. But I will say I have also enjoyed Bojangle's chicken recently, which is also nicely seasoned and nice large portions. I am not pleased with the smaller, strange cuts of chicken at KFC these days. I will choose Popeyes or Bojangle's.
I noticed the Popeye's on east Franklin the other day. It was off hours but it was packed.

Old 10-21-2014, 12:06 PM

7,672 posts, read 9,019,847 times
I went to the one on South Blvd last month and was really disappointed. It was so much better back in FL. I will stick with Bojangles or Zaxby's when I am craving deep fried goodness. (they probably ruined Popeye's for me in terms of flavor)

Old 10-21-2014, 07:13 PM

Well I thought the Gastonia Popeyes was good. But Bojangle's has indeed been good recently as they may have upgraded quality control. Nice large cuts of chicken, unlike KFC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte