U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 05:11 PM

265 posts, read 250,540 times

Advertisements

I don't get the fascination with Popeye's. I mean it's good, but give me some of my granny's fried chicken any day. At any rate, there's now a Popeye's a little closer: in Rock Hill at the new student center at Winthrop University. I'm not sure if there are restrictions for general public access though.

I've tossed around the idea of starting a Popeye's franchise here in Charlotte. I'd probably be a millionaire if I were to do so, LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 10:24 PM

179 posts, read 335,087 times
i dont understand why theres no popeye's in charlotte but they air their commercials here on local channels?

Old 09-23-2010, 10:40 AM

81 posts, read 151,539 times
I live in Houston now but grew up near Charlotte and have to say that I miss Bojangles! In terms of Chicken I will say Popeye's has a slight edge but hands down, Bojangles has some of the best biscuits you will eat in your life and I always get a craving for some Bo*Berry biscuits. In fact, last time I went to Charlotte my first stop was Bojangles!

Old 09-23-2010, 10:41 AM

81 posts, read 151,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon704 View Post

I've tossed around the idea of starting a Popeye's franchise here in Charlotte. I'd probably be a millionaire if I were to do so, LOL.
LOL - I've thought of starting a Bojangles franchise in Houston but my fear is that it would be hard to do with the vast popularity of Popeye's, especially since we are so close to Louisiana.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:26 AM

3,354 posts, read 8,664,652 times
I would rather see pollo tropical or chicken kitchen than either bojangles or popeyes

Old 09-23-2010, 11:35 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,237,229 times
Given a choice of fast food chicken...Popeyes beats Bojangles hands down. But here in Charlotte - we have Price's Chicken Coop....what more do you need?

Old 09-23-2010, 12:58 PM

3,354 posts, read 8,664,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
Given a choice of fast food chicken...Popeyes beats Bojangles hands down. But here in Charlotte - we have Price's Chicken Coop....what more do you need?
I work close enough that I can make it there and back on foot and still have time to eat my chicken in my lunch hour

Old 09-23-2010, 01:00 PM

735 posts, read 1,833,478 times
I made the drive down to Winthrop from Concord Mills. Not a terrible drive, but parking was very tough to find w/o a student decal. The Popeyes is in the food court, so no signs saying where it was. We ended up parking and walking the campus until we spotted the food court. So, was it worth it? HELL YEAH! We actually didnt have any for lunch, we ate at a Mexican restaurant in the food court, which was excellent btw (burritos). We got the Popeyes to go, we will have it for dinner. It smelled awesome all the way home. From here, Greensboro is probably only 15-20 minutes further away, but we liked the campus feel at Winthrop, and will take our 10 yr old with us next time, she's never been on a college campus before.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:56 AM

1 posts, read 12,515 times
Default Popeye's on it's Way

OK folks I enjoyed your thread and I live with a die hard Popeye's fan so I did a little digging and you might just like what I found.

There is a Popeye's coming to Oxford, NC it will be where the old Dairy Queen was, 904 Linden Ave oxford, NC. I hear they may be open as soon as next week.

There is also talk of a Popeye's being built on New Bern Avenue by November.
The story is here

Quote:
A sign on the glass door of the former Hardee's at the corner of New Bern Avenue and Trawick Road in Raleigh bears the Popeyes logo and says, "We are in search of three highly motivated customer service focused managers for our newest location at 3699 New Bern Ave." It would seem construction should start there soon.
Popeyes fans can rejoice (http://www.istockanalyst.com/article/viewiStockNews/articleid/4425748 - broken link)

Old 10-15-2010, 02:43 PM

4 posts, read 33,632 times
I didn't know about the location in Rock Hill @ Winthrop. Thanks for the tips mikealialex, definitely sounds like a little of a hassle to park but not too much. Can't wait to check that out. PopeyesPlease, that is just music to my ears!

I have only found a Popeyes (nearest to Charlotte) on accident while traveling to the Outlet Malls in Burlington, NC, at a truck stop- but no matter! Looks as they though most locations have now dropped the spicy strips and Mardis Gras Mustard- grrr. Originally from LA, I really miss my Popeyes and pitifully, order some for later while passing through the Atlanta airport whenever I get the chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte