U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-11-2007, 05:59 PM

27 posts, read 78,030 times

Advertisements

We are looking to get out of the northeast (Marthas Vineyard) MA.and am looking at the Charlotte area-- We are in our 50's so schools are not an issue--Still looking to work (I am in house construction and wife is in human resorces at a bank) have older kids who will come see us so want a 4 or 5 bedroom house--We have been doing research in the Fort Mill area and would like to know what people think of this area as far as housing--commute to jobs--crime--what communities do you feel are the best value(We are looking in the 180k to 215k range)--What builders do you feel are the best-- and how are the taxes?? Any and all input would be great!! Thanks Again!! Dave & Micki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2007, 06:11 PM

1,441 posts, read 3,590,664 times
In the 180 - 215 range in Fort Mill you might want to look at areas like Knightsbridge, Whitegrove, Whiteville Park, Whitley Mills. Fort Mill is convenient to Charlotte just off 1-77 and is a neat town. Housing is getting expensive there but it is still possible to find homes under $200. If you'd like a website where you can view available properties send me a pm.

Old 02-11-2007, 06:47 PM

2,487 posts, read 6,076,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&micki View Post
We are looking to get out of the northeast (Marthas Vineyard) MA.and am looking at the Charlotte area-- We are in our 50's so schools are not an issue--Still looking to work (I am in house construction and wife is in human resorces at a bank) have older kids who will come see us so want a 4 or 5 bedroom house--We have been doing research in the Fort Mill area and would like to know what people think of this area as far as housing--commute to jobs--crime--what communities do you feel are the best value(We are looking in the 180k to 215k range)--What builders do you feel are the best-- and how are the taxes?? Any and all input would be great!! Thanks Again!! Dave & Micki
Finding something in Fort Mill that is NEW in that price range you have quoted, with 4 to 5 bedrooms is going to be a little rough. Now if you are open to resells than it will become a little easier.

In addition to the subdivision that the poster above has mentioned ...here's a couple of more you may want to check out:

Waterstone
Palmetto Plantation

Again if you don't mind resell you can also find homes in your price range in Tega Cay too (but I can tell you...there won't be any 5 bedrooms in that price range though).

Old 02-11-2007, 07:20 PM

27 posts, read 78,030 times
Default Resell O.k.

Sorry for the "new build" content-- Yes we are open to resell-- The reason I said 5 bedrooms is that we need a home with a bedroom on the first floor with a bathroom for my 75 year old aunt who will be with us and this can be with a 4 bed room that is great!! Thanks for the input!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte