Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2011, 09:39 AM

4 posts, read 8,958 times

Advertisements

Looking for a hairstylist in Charlotte/Concord/Harrisburg/Mathews area that is reasonable and has expereince with cutting/styling naturally curly hair. Thx for your help!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 12:06 PM

245 posts, read 951,913 times
Have you ever heard of Ouidad or Devacurl or they are also called DevaConcepts? They both each have unique ways of cutting curly hair & they have their own products specifically for curly hair. It's hard to find many salons in the area that are trained in their techniques. There is a Ouidad certified salon in Charlotte and also a trained stylist in the Devacurl method also in Charlotte. I have had both techniques done and used both products (obviously I have curly hair, lol) and I personally prefer the Ouidad method & products. But, be prepared to pay at the minimum of $100 for the cuts (each place charges about the same) this doesn't include any conditioning treatment or gratuity. So obviously their prices aren't really "reasonable" for most of us. It's kind of a "treat for your hair".

I also have gone for many years, to a wonderful young woman named Shondra (she has curly hair) in Concord. She listens to what you want, never cuts too much and is great at color. While I'm not thrilled with the way she styles my hair I do trust her to cut my hair. I typically go to her when I can't afford a Ouidad cut which is the majority of the time lol (trying to put my pennies aside & save up because I'm due for a curly cut & I really want to go back to a Ouidad salon). I am thinking she charges around $30 for a wash,cut & style.

Here's a link to where Shondra works:
Hair Salon Spa, massage therapist, Concord North Carolina

Here's another link to the Ouidad website where you can explore the products, watch video's of their technique, etc. And also you can find salon's in their salon finder section.
Ouidad Certified Salon Locator - Find a Curly Hair Salon Near You

And while I'm at it so you can educate yourself about the different techniques out there and make a choice, here's the link to the Devacurl site, where you can also find salons in your area.
DevaConcepts

Good luck! I hope this info. helps you!

Old 03-06-2011, 12:36 PM

23,809 posts, read 34,424,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clw1231 View Post
Looking for a hairstylist in Charlotte/Concord/Harrisburg/Mathews area that is reasonable and has expereince with cutting/styling naturally curly hair. Thx for your help!!!
I had a problem syncing up w/my hairdresser & have used Ulta elsewhere, so I called the 3 Ultas in Charlotte & got an appointment with Anitra at the university city Ulta. I highly recommend her.

Old 03-06-2011, 02:37 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,507,495 times
Try Callista Salon in Concord. Ask for Sarah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte