Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 09:02 PM

264 posts, read 854,553 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to thank the anonymous person who hit our family cat today and took him to the vet to identify and locate us.
I am pretty amazed that there are still people out there that care that much still.
Even though we are extremely devastated, we are thankful that we know where he is now instead of wondering what happened to him.
So thank you very much for being such a great, thoughtful person and taking time out of your day to do what you did, and at the same time we are sorry that this also happened to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 09:07 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
So gald someone was so thoughtful! Not sure if your cat survived? If so, maybe time to be an indoor cat?

Old 10-06-2008, 09:26 PM

264 posts, read 854,553 times
No, he didn't survive. Also, he hated being inside. He would sit by the door and jet out the second it cracked open...even if we just wanted to peek at the weather. When we got him he was an outdoor cat and as much as we wanted an indoor one, he was definitely not happy as one.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:32 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,728,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiT View Post
No, he didn't survive. Also, he hated being inside. He would sit by the door and jet out the second it cracked open...even if we just wanted to peek at the weather. When we got him he was an outdoor cat and as much as we wanted an indoor one, he was definitely not happy as one.
Sorry to hear that Vicki. We had a similar situation 2 years ago. Had a cat for 5 years (4 of which he was an outdoor...hated being inside)

Had many, many, close calls w/cars (we live on a "cut through" street so to speak)..one night I heard some commotion outside when I was putting my daughter to bed, didn't think anything about it, until the next morning when my wife called me crying that our cat was across the street next to our neighbors house. When I got home from work, I went over and picked him up. He had some dried blood under his neck, and was stiff as a board. Figured he was most likely hit by a car. It was a terrible feeling because he was part of our family. It was really tough...

sorry about your loss

Old 10-06-2008, 09:51 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiT View Post
I just wanted to thank the anonymous person who hit our family cat today and took him to the vet to identify and locate us.
I am pretty amazed that there are still people out there that care that much still.
Even though we are extremely devastated, we are thankful that we know where he is now instead of wondering what happened to him.
So thank you very much for being such a great, thoughtful person and taking time out of your day to do what you did, and at the same time we are sorry that this also happened to you.
Vicki, as a cat owner myself, I am SO sorry for your loss. I bet the person who took the time to take him to the vet is just devastated too. I will keep you all in my prayers this evening.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:50 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
I am so sorry for your loss. My DD had a cat killed and they just left it in the street. Someone has a kind heart....

Old 10-07-2008, 05:02 AM

1,908 posts, read 4,983,129 times
I am so sorry that you lost your kitty. I am touched by the kindness you offered to the person who hit him and by the respect they showed you and your cat by taking him to the vet so that you would be notified. That must have been very hard for them as well. Your a good soul.

Old 10-07-2008, 05:59 AM

1,808 posts, read 6,496,398 times
I agree w/Doorway's posting... I am very sorry for the loss of your kitty but at the same time, a small part of me is just a touch glad to know that there are still good people in this world.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:40 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,379,237 times
Sorry to hear about your fur baby VickiT. It is heart warming to hear that there are still some kind, compassionate people out there that care enough to do the right thing.

BxRosie

Old 10-07-2008, 09:36 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
I'm SO SORRY to hear about your cat. Much xoxoxoxo to the person who took the time to take your cat to the vet and find all info out. I would have done the same thing after I regained my composure. YES there are some good people left out there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte