Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2008, 10:54 AM

201 posts, read 968,141 times

Advertisements

Is it just me, or do ALL the positions for paralegals and legal assistants want NC experience...I'm a former atty and am looking at para and legal asst and legal secty jobs...and nothing. I know the job market is TERRIBLE...but I just find that NC firms have no desire to hire out of towners...Maybe I'm over-qualified...maybe under...maybe it's bc I'm from NY...who knows...but there is nothing out there...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 11:02 AM

693 posts, read 2,175,639 times
Hi! Former paralegal (now vet tech) here.

Since most of my experience was in Florida, I have run in to the same problem in every other state I have lived in, although I usually find work anyway, so be persistent.

It's not you or the fact that you are from somewhere else, it's most likely just because they want you to have experience with NC filings and civil procedure. If need be, take a position here you are over qualified for so you can put it on your resume.

Old 10-07-2008, 03:43 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,028,509 times
Try corporations and not law firms. They are more likely to handle inter-state filings...

Old 10-09-2008, 11:40 AM

201 posts, read 968,141 times
thanks guys...

Old 10-13-2008, 08:36 PM

6 posts, read 15,418 times
Your not the only person looking for a Para or legal Secratary job. I know someone who's been looking for a paralegal position in Charlotte for 5 months now and has only had only 1 interview. Didn't get it because of lack of specific industry experience as compared to the person who filled the spot. Seems like many are looking for specific industry experience or just not looking at all. I know there are qualified candidates who may not have the specific industry experience upfront but after a little bit of getting "up-to-speed" this person can run circles around others. People should be looking at good candidates as an investment.
If your an attorney then I would imagine that most firms may find you over-qualified or perhaps just feel that you may be "using them" as a means to an end and that you may have no intention of being there long term. Just my thoughts. Can you be an attorney in Charlotte? I know that NY offers reciprocity if you've worked in NY for 5 years.
Let us know if you here or get anything. Best of luck.

Old 12-17-2009, 05:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,610 times
Is anyone available for some paralegal assistance? I have an International Arbitration for here in Charlotte in a LCC large complex case and could use some paralegal services to cross the t dot the i by the hour, page, or contract for this project.?

Old 12-17-2009, 06:40 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProSeNC View Post
Is anyone available for some paralegal assistance? I have an International Arbitration for here in Charlotte in a LCC large complex case and could use some paralegal services to cross the t dot the i by the hour, page, or contract for this project.?
if your going to respond please use direct message and dont solicit on this forum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte