U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 12:19 PM

1,907 posts, read 4,441,702 times

Advertisements

Do most of you "BOO" each other in your neighborhoods? We did this in Maryland and I just got "boo'd" here last night.
If you are not familiar..... You cut out a white ghost as large as a sheet of paper or bigger, draw some eyes and a mouth and have him saying "boo".
You attach a little bag of candy or a treat.
You attach a little note saying you've been Boo'd or "Ghosted" and that they should "boo" someone within the next 24 hours. They should leave the ghost up so they don't get re-boo'd. Hopefully, every home will have a ghost on it by halloween. I can give you some verbage if your interesed. This is fun for the kids to do and we even started the teachers on it back in Md. The whole school was ghosted!!!
It can certainly be for aduts as well. I'm going to do an adult boo tonight under the cover of darkness. I'll be sending a six pack of pumpkin ale and a pumpkin spice candle over to my neighbor across the street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 12:44 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,174,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
Do most of you "BOO" each other in your neighborhoods? We did this in Maryland and I just got "boo'd" here last night.
If you are not familiar..... You cut out a white ghost as large as a sheet of paper or bigger, draw some eyes and a mouth and have him saying "boo".
You attach a little note saying you've been Boo'd or "Ghosted" and that they should "boo" someone within the next 24 hours. They should leave the ghost up so they don't get re-boo'd. Hopefully, every home will have a ghost on it by halloween. I can give you some verbage if your interesed. This is fun for the kids to do and we even started the teachers on it back in Md. The whole school was ghosted!!!
It can certainly be for aduts as well. I'm going to do an adult boo tonight under the cover of darkness. I'll be sending a six pack of pumpkin ale and a pumpkin spice candle over to my neighbor across the street.

We do this in our neighborhood too! Of course, it was more fun for me when my kids were younger - they loved those treat bags that suddenly appeared But pumpkin ale??? Man, you ARE a good neighbor

Old 10-07-2008, 12:56 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,401,392 times
Oh I want to be booed. My mom was to busy raising 6 kids by herself and working to assist with Halloween fun plus I think since she grew up in an area that mean hiking a mountain she didnt get the full realm of Halloween I spent most of my halloween at spook gathering at Junior Womans Club and I was a kid.

This sounds neat Doorway my fun was going around ringing doorbells and running that would seem easy in Charlotte but most homes had more than an acre of yard so it was hard to quickly escape.
Then late Halloween night we would TP someone we knew yard usually our best friend and their mom would come out and help us..

I hope you have a Happy Boo Day

Old 10-07-2008, 01:10 PM

533 posts, read 1,635,427 times
we didn't do that where i grew up on LI and i that hasn't happened at my apt complex here in charlotte nor do i expect it to since i hardly ever see my neighbors.

but i did see that my site supervisor (i'm an intern at a CMS elementary school) had a halloween pail of goodies with a sign that said "you've been Pumpk'd!"! it was adorable and i am guessing it's the same concept.

Old 10-07-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
We do this in our neighborhood too! Of course, it was more fun for me when my kids were younger - they loved those treat bags that suddenly appeared But pumpkin ale??? Man, you ARE a good neighbor
Thanks, loves. I love that the neighbors here think of the adults too. Why should the little rugrats get everything???

Old 10-07-2008, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Oh I want to be booed. My mom was to busy raising 6 kids by herself and working to assist with Halloween fun plus I think since she grew up in an area that mean hiking a mountain she didnt get the full realm of Halloween I spent most of my halloween at spook gathering at Junior Womans Club and I was a kid.

This sounds neat Doorway my fun was going around ringing doorbells and running that would seem easy in Charlotte but most homes had more than an acre of yard so it was hard to quickly escape.
Then late Halloween night we would TP someone we knew yard usually our best friend and their mom would come out and help us..

I hope you have a Happy Boo Day
You never know, this may be the year you get boo'd. I think you should start it in your neighborhood. I love the Boo smiley!

Old 10-07-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacey3eb View Post
we didn't do that where i grew up on LI and i that hasn't happened at my apt complex here in charlotte nor do i expect it to since i hardly ever see my neighbors.

but i did see that my site supervisor (i'm an intern at a CMS elementary school) had a halloween pail of goodies with a sign that said "you've been Pumpk'd!"! it was adorable and i am guessing it's the same concept.
Ok, then I think you should start one in your complex or at work. It is fun!! You are just supposed to be careful that you don't get caught booing so you'll have to be real careful at work. HAVE FUN

Old 10-07-2008, 02:05 PM

221 posts, read 648,167 times
We got "Boo'd" last year, and my girls LOVED it. We had to BOO three more people and by the end of October all the homes had ghosts hanging on their front porches. I have not see the ghosts yet this year....but maybe I should start it off.

Happy Halloween All!!!

Old 10-07-2008, 02:05 PM

1,181 posts, read 2,743,568 times
Yep, I first heard of this when we moved here. There was no such thing in NY/NJ. Each year we recieve a Halloween poem on our door along with a bag of treats and in turn we pass along to 2 or 3 others. You have to leave the note on your door so you don't get boo'd twice. It spreads quickly.

I hope you all get boo'd this year.

Old 10-07-2008, 03:18 PM

21,793 posts, read 27,055,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
I've never heard of this, Doorway, & I lived in Reisterstown & Finksburg for 3 years,while working in Owings Mills. Sounds like a nice custom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or