U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 08:00 AM

348 posts, read 1,246,192 times

Advertisements

I didn't get a chance to read thru all the posts in this thread, but wanted to share this with you from today's Observer

Winter outlook: Bad news, snow-lovers - * HP | Breaking News Feed ~ Breaking News - Charlotte Observer (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/breaking/story/244387.html - broken link)

Looks like the experts predict a warm winter! Sorry for those wanting cold, but as someone who moved here for the warmth...YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 09:02 AM

45,270 posts, read 88,232,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToYorkSC View Post
I didn't get a chance to read thru all the posts in this thread, but wanted to share this with you from today's Observer

Winter outlook: Bad news, snow-lovers - * HP | Breaking News Feed ~ Breaking News - Charlotte Observer (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/breaking/story/244387.html - broken link)

Looks like the experts predict a warm winter! Sorry for those wanting cold, but as someone who moved here for the warmth...YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep, just read that - what a disappointment. However, if this keeps our heating costs down during this bleak financial time, I guess that's the silver lining

Old 10-10-2008, 09:18 AM

2,359 posts, read 3,407,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGarth08 View Post
I was moving to Charlotte from North East Ohio to get away from this "snow" ****!! lol
I did get away from it from NE Ohio (Pepper Pike-my last weekend there, April 2005, we had 18" to take that winter total up to 140"). I've seen no more than a few dustings here and don't expect to see anything more than that.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:19 AM

2,988 posts, read 3,142,589 times
No snow here please..........it can go away!

Old 10-10-2008, 09:20 AM

14,693 posts, read 23,054,759 times
Seems like a couple of inches in this area would be a complete disaster. Do they have the infrastructure to handle plowing/salting the roads and do the "locals' around here know how to drive in the snow?

Old 10-10-2008, 09:21 AM

2,359 posts, read 3,407,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToYorkSC View Post

That is great news.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:33 PM

76 posts, read 263,047 times
They updated the Observer article. Now it says the guy from AccuWeather predicts a cold, snowy winter for the East Coast.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:33 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,435,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRosie View Post
I would love to see some snow! Then I can use the saucer sleds we got for free from Food Lion last year. HMmmm.....come to think of it, with my front yard, some really slippery mud would have the same effect, LOL!

BxRosie
Dont wear whiteunless you like red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
I'd like to see a very cold, even bitterly cold winter so I can wear my furs again & use my hot tub.
Dont do both at same time

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennej View Post
They updated the Observer article. Now it says the guy from AccuWeather predicts a cold, snowy winter for the East Coast.
They just dont know the Woolie Worm does better forecasting.. hehe
The weather pattern has been on par this year except for June. We are getting rain on decent average, nothing to extreme. I just got this strong hunch we are going to get a least one big one. So dont worry those who hate snow it not like the north where it stays. Generally it is mid to late January for this area and it generally just for one day if that long that it snows.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:04 PM

237 posts, read 775,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I have a strong kind of hunch that this is going to be the winter we are going to get significant accumulation of snow.

The weather pattern of this year except for June has been typical and generally match averages for this area.

I have a strong hunch that late October we will have our first freeze and like in the past our biggest snow will be in the middle of January.

Think it will happen?
Sunny would love it, miss the snow

Old 10-10-2008, 07:23 PM

7,780 posts, read 13,468,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I have a strong kind of hunch that this is going to be the winter we are going to get significant accumulation of snow.

The weather pattern of this year except for June has been typical and generally match averages for this area.

I have a strong hunch that late October we will have our first freeze and like in the past our biggest snow will be in the middle of January.

Think it will happen?
This is Charlotte, close this thread now or we'll be out of bread, milk, and eggs at the store and schools will be delayed on Monday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte