Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2008, 02:23 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,836,203 times

Advertisements

Ordered online and made a mistake in my order that I didn't realize until after the pizza arrived. Called the store and talked to the manager and told him what happened. Realized it was my mistake and said not to worry about it.

He makes me another pizza and gets it out to me for free.

It's nice that people are still out there that will do that kind of thing. I was prepared to deal with the fact that I made an error in my order and that it was my fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 02:52 PM

295 posts, read 1,061,998 times
Yeah, it only costs them about .75 to make a pizza. The person screwed in your deal was mr. delivery man. Hope you gave him gas money to get back!

Old 10-07-2008, 03:04 PM

1,908 posts, read 4,983,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosox05 View Post
Yeah, it only costs them about .75 to make a pizza. The person screwed in your deal was mr. delivery man. Hope you gave him gas money to get back!
Would it have killed you to just let us enjoy a positive post? The manager went above and beyond, The OP went out of his way to give him a good word, and you feel the need to make up something negative! Why???
By the way, if your really feeling that grumpy, there is a cul de sac in the area where the kids are having a little too much fun. Maybe you could run down there and yell at them!!!!

Last edited by Doorway; 10-07-2008 at 03:07 PM.. Reason: mad

Old 10-07-2008, 03:14 PM

81 posts, read 310,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
Would it have killed you to just let us enjoy a positive post? The manager went above and beyond, The OP went out of his way to give him a good word, and you feel the need to make up something negative! Why???
By the way, if your really feeling that grumpy, there is a cul de sac in the area where the kids are having a little too much fun. Maybe you could run down there and yell at them!!!!
What's wrong with a little Debbie Downer (SNL). Don't forget, pizza is loaded with high cholesterol and the meats are usually high in saturated fats and will ultimatley lead to your demise... and the OP got (gasp!!)two of them.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:13 PM

1,908 posts, read 4,983,129 times
Yeah, maybe the manager had that in mind all along. Spend the whopping 75 cents and give the bastid a heart attack!! .

Old 10-07-2008, 06:10 PM

529 posts, read 1,979,372 times
There is no way it cost only 75 cents to make a pizza. It was a good gesture no matter what. Who cares if it is bad for you... a salad with meats, cheese, egg and dressing is just as bad.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:22 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,836,203 times
I certainly did tip the driver, again.

And don't worry, I only had 3 pieces so you don't have to worry about me falling over dead....at least from that pizza. I'll probably pull the topping off of the other pizza and have a cheese pizza for breakfast in your honor. With low-fat ranch dreesing and Texas Pete on the side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte