U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2008, 10:23 PM

24 posts, read 48,944 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to the Charlotte area in a few weeks, working in the Pineville area. Where are some good places to live.

I am just out of college and coming for a temp. job in the area so I need a place for about 7 months, and a rent I can afford, or should I look in South Carolina.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 10:38 AM

1,253 posts, read 4,171,245 times
Sorry to say but renting near Pineville for someone right out of college might be rather dull. There is not a lot of anything going on there after work (mostly families, etc.).

Your closet bet to a little excitment would be either Soutpark or Southend areas but they are 15-20 minutes from Pineville during rush hour. My wife and I lived at the Colony Appartments for about a year and loved it. They are right in the heart of Southpark with lots to do. They are cheap and offer short term rentals:
The Colony | Home Page

Old 10-08-2008, 10:59 PM

What can anyone tell me about The Waterford Lakes Apartments.

Is the neighborhood safe.

I can stand not much going on after work, that's not that big of a deal.

Or would it be better to look for places in South Carolina.

Old 10-09-2008, 04:44 AM

7,041 posts, read 13,128,329 times
You also may have a difficult time getting an apt on a temp job's salary. That income/job is usually not considered because it is far more volitile than a permanant job.

good luck!

Old 10-09-2008, 05:42 AM

116 posts, read 299,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHulsman View Post
I will be moving to the Charlotte area in a few weeks, working in the Pineville area. Where are some good places to live.

I am just out of college and coming for a temp. job in the area so I need a place for about 7 months, and a rent I can afford, or should I look in South Carolina.
Have you looked around on Craigslist and the rental/rooms shared section? You may find like minded people on there in some good areas around the Charlotte area.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:39 AM

I have been looking on Craiglist.

Are there any areas that you would say to avoid at all cost?

Old 10-09-2008, 09:59 AM

795 posts, read 3,927,462 times
waterford lakes is somewhere you don't want to be. in general, stay away from that south blvd/sharon road west intersection. crime is high there, some registered sex offenders in the area.

maybe you can tell us the monthy rent amount you would be comfortable with. that will help the board narrow down the search...

edited to add: i'm going to dm you some info, so check your messages when you get a chance, okay?

Old 10-09-2008, 10:21 AM

2,447 posts, read 6,654,803 times
Re: Waterford Lakes, I agree with barndog.

Do you already have a job? There are plenty of apts. in Pineville and south Charlotte. What's your budget. One thing to keep in mind is,, in order to qualify, that your income must be 3x the rental rate.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:07 AM

I have a job that will run Nov thru June.

I am looking for rent around 600, but it can vary with the things offered by the community.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:08 PM

With all that I have seen online my leading choice looks like Camden Habersham.

Others that I have researched online are
The Pines at Carolina Crossing (but they don't offer 7 month leases)
Palmetto Place in Fort Mill, SC
and a few others around Fort Mill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte