Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2007, 06:09 PM

93 posts, read 599,024 times

Advertisements

My parents moved to Monroe last year and need a good tax preparer.They went to Jackson Hewitt and got a really horrible return, so I told them to hold out and see if they could get someone else that could do them justice. I would like someone that speaks Spanish and that knows tax laws in and out to get a more favorable return. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

PS I never owned a home so excuse my ignorance, but is the mortgage interest paid tax deductible???

Last edited by BronxMomNY; 02-12-2007 at 06:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2007, 06:20 PM

116 posts, read 551,009 times
Yes as is the personal property tax they paid on their home. This is the limit of my expertise. Buenas suerte.

Old 02-12-2007, 06:25 PM

I figured I was on the right track. Gracias!

Old 02-12-2007, 07:41 PM

3,365 posts, read 10,023,921 times
Are they computer savvy?

As the online software (off which you can get the espanol version) works very well.

Failing that I would suggest them taking a drive into up by central avenue, where a lot more people speak Spanish.

Old 02-12-2007, 07:53 PM

No they don't know the computer. Where exactly is Central Avenue?

Old 02-13-2007, 06:53 AM

3,365 posts, read 10,023,921 times
Central Avenue is to the East of uptown, I will be honest it is not the best of areas, but there's more spanish spoken up there.

Also there is a latin Supermarket, I will have to check the address (i have it at home), it has a cafe, bakery etc.

I have been meaning to go up there, looking for some queso pastelitos, that I miss from Miami.
If I get the chance this weekend, I will look for a tax preparer.

Old 02-13-2007, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman View Post
Central Avenue is to the East of uptown, I will be honest it is not the best of areas, but there's more spanish spoken up there.

Also there is a latin Supermarket, I will have to check the address (i have it at home), it has a cafe, bakery etc.

I have been meaning to go up there, looking for some queso pastelitos, that I miss from Miami.
If I get the chance this weekend, I will look for a tax preparer.
Thanks, that will be helpful. East of Uptown cannot be nearly as bad as some areas in NYC, but thanks for the heads up!

Old 02-26-2007, 08:07 AM

4 posts, read 36,914 times
Hola, yo estoy en Orlando, Florida.

Annual Home Mortage Interest, (Interés Anual Pagado al banco), Annual Property Taxes, (Arbitrios (Taxes) Sobre La Propiedad Pagados al gobierno), and Points paid (Puntos Pagados Al Banco) when purchasing or refinancing a home, (los "puntos" se pagan al comprar o refinanciar una casa, y esencialmente los puntos son interés pagado por adelantado en el Cierre de la compra-Venta), are deductible in Schedule A, of your/their 1040 Tax Return. (son deducibles en el Schedule A de su planilla personal Federal 1040 en Estados Unidos). Other expenses such as remodeling costs are added to the "Basis" (original cost) of the home, so a homeowner must literally keep a log or record of expenses so that when a home is sold, the correct Basis or 'cost' is easily recalled against the Selling Price, in order to report the difference in Original Cost and Sale Price, as "Profit", but even at this point, there are exceptions which I will not get into in English. In other words, the Profit may be re-invested in another home, and if you meet certain other guidelines, you essentially pay no tax over the profit made on the sale of the old home.

Moderator cut: English only (see ToS)
José

Last edited by Trainwreck20; 06-19-2007 at 08:16 AM..

Old 02-26-2007, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post
Hola, yo estoy en Orlando, Florida.

Annual Home Mortage Interest, (Interés Anual Pagado al banco), Annual Property Taxes, (Arbitrios (Taxes) Sobre La Propiedad Pagados al gobierno), and Points paid (Puntos Pagados Al Banco) when purchasing or refinancing a home, (los "puntos" se pagan al comprar o refinanciar una casa, y esencialmente los puntos son interés pagado por adelantado en el Cierre de la compra-Venta), are deductible in Schedule A, of your/their 1040 Tax Return. (son deducibles en el Schedule A de su planilla personal Federal 1040 en Estados Unidos). Other expenses such as remodeling costs are added to the "Basis" (original cost) of the home, so a homeowner must literally keep a log or record of expenses so that when a home is sold, the correct Basis or 'cost' is easily recalled against the Selling Price, in order to report the difference in Original Cost and Sale Price, as "Profit", but even at this point, there are exceptions which I will not get into in English. In other words, the Profit may be re-invested in another home, and if you meet certain other guidelines, you essentially pay no tax over the profit made on the sale of the old home.

Moderator cut: English only, see ToS
José
Claro que nos ayuda! Thanks for the advice, you really know your thing!

Last edited by Trainwreck20; 06-19-2007 at 08:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: