U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 10:53 PM

2,341 posts, read 4,047,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I don't think anyone was race baiting. I think the point is - black leaders are here registering black voters as traditionally, here in this region, blacks register as DEMs and therefore, getting them registered and out to the polls would be better for any DEM candidates.

I don't take that as something racist. That is totally POLITICAL.
voter registration is political. comparing obama to sharpton is baiting.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:15 AM

19,817 posts, read 55,828,607 times
ON CNN tonight is news that some ACORN peole turned in over 2K bogus voter registration cards in Indiana. A lot had the same signature and one was named after a fast food restaurant. ACORN can do a lot of good and it is a shame that some folks chose to be dishonest in their name.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 10-10-2008 at 02:16 AM.. Reason: corrected state

Old 10-10-2008, 02:31 AM

5,661 posts, read 24,642,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
ON CNN tonight is news that some ACORN peole turned in over 2K bogus voter registration cards in Indiana. A lot had the same signature and one was named after a fast food restaurant. ACORN can do a lot of good and it is a shame that some folks chose to be dishonest in their name.
Those 2,100 fraudulent voter registrations were for only one county in Indiana. Who knows what is going on in their other 91 counties.

Old 10-10-2008, 06:01 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,276,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandibadji View Post
Besides, Sharpton was in Charlotte boosting votes for Obama last week. They do have lots in common.

That's reason alone to NOT vote for Obama (amongst the numerous others I can think of off the top of my head)...

Old 10-10-2008, 06:04 AM

852 posts, read 2,215,516 times
What is amazing to me is that the US repeatedly sends representatives to other countries to oversee their voting to make sure nothing untoward is going on and yet they can't get their own house in order - remember hanging chads - it goes back a long time and nothing has changed.

Old 10-10-2008, 06:10 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,046,730 times
There is nothing unusual about other politicians and national figures (as well as celebrities) doing voter registration b/f an election, in hopes of helping the candidate of their choice. I don't know why anyone would be propelled to register, just b/c a national character shows up, but it seems to work!

I saw that story, too, MM - about Indiana. And everyone (both sides of the aisle - and ACORN workers) were upset . . . and they also said - who knows what else has occurred that has not been found yet . . . I do hope that here in NC, someone is paying attention and will catch any hanky panky w/ registrations. However, it looked like they had THOUSANDS of registrations to go thru/ in Indiana - and I can only wonder what has gone on all over this country.

CNN is reporting on this again this morning. They are referring to ACORN as a "liberal activist group" wh/ surprises me, seeing as how CNN tends to be liberal. Watch CNN today to see the story - I am sure they will repeat it. They are saying - roughly half of the registrations were fraudulent (at this pint). Dead people registered, for example . . .

Old 10-10-2008, 06:12 AM

UPDATE: CNN has added to the story . . . and now ACORN's attorney is saying that this is just a way of "supressing the votes of poor people."

Has anyone seen MSM story here in Charlotte on ACORN's activities here? And is there anyone taking a close look at these registrations???

Old 10-10-2008, 07:05 AM

575 posts, read 1,350,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
voter registration is political. comparing obama to sharpton is baiting.
it aint baitin, you just hatin , yo.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:09 AM

575 posts, read 1,350,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
UPDATE: CNN has added to the story . . . and now ACORN's attorney is saying that this is just a way of "supressing the votes of poor people."

Has anyone seen MSM story here in Charlotte on ACORN's activities here? And is there anyone taking a close look at these registrations???
The attorney is creating a smoke screen and attempting to divert attention from the truth. He is a schooled street organizer

Old 10-10-2008, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondplayer View Post
The attorney is creating a smoke screen and attempting to divert attention from the truth. He is a schooled street organizer
You know, this is just sad! Voter fraud is voter fraud, regardless of what organization may have perpetuated it and with what group of people.

What gets me is . . . the total irony that no one seems to recognize.

Supposedly, ACORN is an organization that works in neighborhoods to help people clean up communities, get jobs, keep kids in school, etc.

And their mantra is - they are helping poor people - and the disenfranchised.

But to go into those neighborhoods and create voter fraud . . . isn't that disenfranchising and using/abusing the very people that supposedly ACORN is there to help?

It is mind boggling.

And then their attorney tries to use the smokescreen of "disenfranchising poor people in an attempt to keep them away from the polls."

WOW.

Looks like everyone just uses poor people as pawns instead of truly helping them improve their lives. Pretty sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or