U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2011, 09:37 AM

1,661 posts, read 2,779,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
.... but she ignores the info because it doesn’t help promote the propaganda about Charlotte she is trying to push.
Exactly what propaganda would that be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 06:30 PM
rkd

62 posts, read 102,094 times
Just tried to get a pizza tonight at Papa Murphy's in Blakeney and it looks like it is closed! Not sure when or if anyone has mentioned this but I really can't believe it! Darn...I really liked their take 'n bake pies.

Old 07-25-2011, 08:33 PM

2,155 posts, read 3,361,143 times
It's not on their website anymore.

I guess they couldn't beat DiGiorno's Pizza & Cookies.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:38 AM

1,511 posts, read 2,869,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkd View Post
Just tried to get a pizza tonight at Papa Murphy's in Blakeney and it looks like it is closed! Not sure when or if anyone has mentioned this but I really can't believe it! Darn...I really liked their take 'n bake pies.
WHAT???? There was always so much activity there. We ourselves ordered pizza from there many times.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:20 AM

81 posts, read 211,051 times
Buffet Dynasty - Matthews - went by last night with the kids to grab a quick bite and they were closed. Sign on the door said some new restaurant was coming but that was it.

It was a fun place to take the kids and they had sushi for me! Kids got a kick out of the fish up front. Oh well. Probably saved me from stuffing my face!

Old 07-27-2011, 06:29 AM

7,946 posts, read 14,982,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prouddaddy View Post
Buffet Dynasty - Matthews - went by last night with the kids to grab a quick bite and they were closed. Sign on the door said some new restaurant was coming but that was it.

It was a fun place to take the kids and they had sushi for me! Kids got a kick out of the fish up front. Oh well. Probably saved me from stuffing my face!
Buffet Dynasty was good but was way too expensive for a chinese buffet. $17.50 at dinner time? You can go to PF Changs for that. Hibachi Grill in Windsor Square, though terrible quality food, is priced much more reasonably and killed Buffet Dynasty.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:37 AM

14,693 posts, read 23,038,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Buffet Dynasty was good but was way too expensive for a chinese buffet. $17.50 at dinner time? You can go to PF Changs for that. Hibachi Grill in Windsor Square, though terrible quality food, is priced much more reasonably and killed Buffet Dynasty.
I know this isn't a "which place is better thread" but Buffet was way better than PF Changs.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:48 AM

8,402 posts, read 20,231,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Maybe at night they turned on the food warmers, unlike at lunch time. That costs more to run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
I know this isn't a "which place is better thread" but Buffet was way better than PF Changs.
Two different eating experiences, but as for food quality, I disagree completely. But that's OK.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:54 AM

14,693 posts, read 23,038,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
Two different eating experiences, but as for food quality, I disagree completely. But that's OK.
Their sauces are way too sweet for my tastes. Too salty as well. Much more Americanized than I like for Chinese food.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:02 AM

8,402 posts, read 20,231,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Their sauces are way too sweet for my tastes. Too salty as well. Much more Americanized than I like for Chinese food.
If you've ever eaten in the off-the-beaten-path restaurants in any major Chinatown, you know that what we think is Chinese food, isn't. When I vacationed in San Fran a few years ago a friend who lived there took us to a couple of those places. It's a whole different experience.

It's been a while since I've eaten at PFC, but even so I can see your point about the sauces. And it's definitely even more Americanized than most local Asian restaurants, but I think that's something they actually claim to be. I just like it on it's own merits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte