U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2011, 11:03 AM

763 posts, read 645,049 times

Advertisements

I am seeing more places closing lately than I did four years ago. It isn't only the new places that you sort of expect to fail, but I see many that have been around for a long time that you wouldn't expect to see. I am not point fingers. As much as I am disappointed with the current administration, I realize the this is the result of a bad recession and in reality, it is nobody's fault. I did expect to see things better by now, but it didn't happen. Not much "change I can believe in".

Last edited by Stella Artois; 10-21-2011 at 11:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 12:34 PM

841 posts, read 1,238,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Artois View Post
I am seeing more places closing lately than I did four years ago. It isn't only the new places that you sort of expect to fail, but I see many that have been around for a long time that you wouldn't expect to see. I am not point fingers. As much as I am disappointed with the current administration, I realize the this is the result of a bad recession and in reality, it is nobody's fault. I did expect to see things better by now, but it didn't happen. Not much "change I can believe in".
Agreed. I also expected things to have improved by now.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:01 PM

539 posts, read 1,311,897 times
Catapano's Italian Market in Indian Trail is closing their doors on Dec 1st. They will be missed. Just no getting the traffic and have run out of working capital.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:22 PM

8,402 posts, read 20,295,801 times
Default Catapano's:

Just saw this on my Facebook page. I went there once and met both Mark and Jess. It's great shop with a lot of variety and they were very friendly. Mark even made some Alfredo sauce on the spot when I told him that's what I had a taste for. Unfortunately they're so far away from me, and I never have a reason to be out their way. I wish them the best.

Thank You for Everything

Greetings!

We are very sorry to inform all of you that we will be closing the business. We will be open until December 1st in hopes to liquidate our inventory. We will still be making certain items but inventory will be limited. We hope to see all of you at least one more time.

For the Thanksgiving Holiday we will be making holiday pies and cakes. We have a Fall Menu available at the shop.

This decision does not come lightly. We thoroughly enjoy making delicious home cooked meals for all of you. Unfortunately we have simply run out of working capital. We agreed that it would not be fare to all of our valued customers, who many have become like family to us, if we just closed without notice. We wanted to be as good to all of you as you have been to us over the past year and a half. Thank you so much for all the wonderful memories. We hope to keep in contact with you and to continue to hear about your families and events.

"Trying to make it work but man these times are hard." ~The Script

Thank you again, Mark & Jessica Catapano

Old 10-25-2011, 11:45 AM

41 posts, read 142,460 times
TOP Healthier Burger at [SIZE=3]15025 Lancaster Highway, Suite D-1[/SIZE] has closed!
No more turkey burgers and turkey hot dogs! Now were stuck with madd cow disease at five guys!

Old 10-25-2011, 12:25 PM

416 posts, read 807,631 times
Aloha Snow Mint Hill/Matthews ,which I posted about when I first discovered them also closed....
Dolcetto Wine Room , Piedmont, South Park
Sweet Peppers Deli Fort Mill.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:50 PM

1,511 posts, read 2,877,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by intellegentz View Post
TOP Healthier Burger at [SIZE=3]15025 Lancaster Highway, Suite D-1[/SIZE] has closed!
No more turkey burgers and turkey hot dogs! Now were stuck with madd cow disease at five guys!
Their chicken was good, but I just could not get into their burgers.

I wonder what that Soup R Chicken place was like, same shopping center as the TOP Burger place. It was already closed when we moved.

One thing I'd love to have is a chargrilled chicken place, kind of fast food/sit down joint.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:17 AM

14,693 posts, read 23,089,694 times
Oh my gosh, I just noticed that the Luck 7 Sweepstakes place on Independence closed. What is the world coming to? Businesses just seem to fail in that building. First the 9 dollar shoe place in there closed and now the sweepstakes place. Sad days.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:39 AM

8,402 posts, read 20,295,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Oh my gosh, I just noticed that the Luck 7 Sweepstakes place on Independence closed. What is the world coming to? Businesses just seem to fail in that building. First the 9 dollar shoe place in there closed and now the sweepstakes place. Sad days.
It's been several other things as well since Friday's closed. I don't get by there like I used to but wasn't it a book store for a while?

Too bad that part of town is heading downhill. Remember the billiards hall behind that building? I went in shortly after it opened and thought it was great. High ceilings so the cig smoke wasn't so bad, good tables and cues, plenty of room, nice sound system, etc. The next time I went in I was patted down at the door. Lots of creepy looking people. That was it for me.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:42 PM

14,693 posts, read 23,089,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
It's been several other things as well since Friday's closed. I don't get by there like I used to but wasn't it a book store for a while?

Too bad that part of town is heading downhill. Remember the billiards hall behind that building? I went in shortly after it opened and thought it was great. High ceilings so the cig smoke wasn't so bad, good tables and cues, plenty of room, nice sound system, etc. The next time I went in I was patted down at the door. Lots of creepy looking people. That was it for me.
Ya, it is not a nice area. I've tried going to businesses around there (the Mexican restaurant, Liberty East, Rock N Roll emporium (which had very little rock n roll)) but have not been impressed.

Can't remember if this was mentioned or not but the building with Alexander's Hats has been knocked down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte