U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2011, 08:43 AM

412 posts, read 813,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
I saw today that Harper's on Woodlawn and their "ToGo" are closed. I'm betting that they've been gone for a while since there are obviously long established businesses in their place, but I seldom get to that side of town.

I ate at McKoys. Good vittles, except for the country style steak. Not my favorite food.
McKoys, mmmmm...... The mac and cheese is the best in town, and the pulled pork is awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 10:21 AM

8,402 posts, read 20,363,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanigan911 View Post
McKoys, mmmmm...... The mac and cheese is the best in town, and the pulled pork is awesome.
The server brought me little containers of the M&C, greens, pork, and smoked chicken salad. I also received one smoked wing. I ordered the M&C and greens with my lunch, because she wouldn't let me order (the excellent) pulled pork as a side.

Dammit.

I'll definitely be back.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:35 AM

14,693 posts, read 23,144,006 times
Quote:
The server brought me little containers of the M&C, greens, pork, and smoked chicken salad. I also received one smoked wing. I ordered the M&C and greens with my lunch, because she wouldn't let me order (the excellent) pulled pork as a side.

Dammit.

I'll definitely be back.
Love their wings, not a fan of the M&C but it is my wife's favorite. I like the fried squash. I wish they had fried green maters.

Speaking of the old DMV that was torn down. I see a bulding near that seems to be in the destruction path that has a sign on it saying "building available". I wonder is the seller is bothering to tell anyone interested that the place might soon get knocked down.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Love their wings, not a fan of the M&C but it is my wife's favorite. I like the fried squash. I wish they had fried green maters.

Speaking of the old DMV that was torn down. I see a bulding near that seems to be in the destruction path that has a sign on it saying "building available". I wonder is the seller is bothering to tell anyone interested that the place might soon get knocked down.
Is that the building behind the bank, that has an old fire truck parked next to it? That's been vacant for as long as I can remember.

Caveat emptor.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:46 AM

14,693 posts, read 23,144,006 times
Quote:
Is that the building behind the bank, that has an old fire truck parked next to it? That's been vacant for as long as I can remember.

Caveat emptor.
Never noticed the fire truck but yep it is right there behind the bank.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Never noticed the fire truck but yep it is right there behind the bank.
If you're looking at the building from Idlewild, the fire truck is around the right side, towards the back of the building. It's been there for a long time, and was there about a week ago.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:26 AM

416 posts, read 809,096 times
Quote:

Ironically, they do have "fried green maters" And, I say ironically because being a fan of Mckoy's................It's about the ONLY thing on the menu I WOULD NOT recommend. To be fair, I did order the wrap version (they have both app/wrap) but the ingredients are the same. The dill sauce overpowered everything, IMO and, the tomatoes were hard as a rock.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:01 PM

7,946 posts, read 15,053,596 times
Sears/Kmart is closing 200 stores. Does anybody know how Charlotte will be affected?

Old 12-27-2011, 08:19 PM

12,304 posts, read 10,780,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Sears/Kmart is closing 200 stores. Does anybody know how Charlotte will be affected?
They haven't announced which stores are closing. They said they would be closing 100-120 stores - ones that aren't performing well. They haven't figured out yet which ones are closing.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:32 PM

2,155 posts, read 3,387,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
They haven't announced which stores are closing. They said they would be closing 100-120 stores - ones that aren't performing well. They haven't figured out yet which ones are closing.
They released a partial list on Thursday. Closest to the CLT area are Sears in Statesville and High Point. That's a big hit for the Signal Hill Mall in Statesville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte