U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2013, 02:53 PM

2,155 posts, read 3,370,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Exactly my thoughts. Sort of the same deal as the group that Aria is in. One restaurant in the group closes and they open a new one in the same group at the same location. Reminds me of ADD for restaurants.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems like How Do You Roll in Overstreet may have closed.
It's not Chili's. According to Charlotte Restaurant Traffic, it's a Mexican themed chain called Chuy's

Chuy’s Website Announces Charlotte Southpark Mall Location « Charlotte Restaurant Traffic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 02:56 PM

14,693 posts, read 23,075,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-LI View Post
It's not Chili's. According to Charlotte Restaurant Traffic, it's a Mexican themed chain called Chuy's

Chuy’s Website Announces Charlotte Southpark Mall Location « Charlotte Restaurant Traffic
Interesting, because I read on CRT a while ago that they would be coming. So I guess they finally found a location. I've heard this place is like Chevy's. Which is not a good thing.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:30 PM

1,554 posts, read 2,921,890 times
Not a good thing at all! With Paco's Tacos right across the road, I wonder how this will do. Paco's is locally owned and pretty good.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:06 PM

3,356 posts, read 8,864,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Interesting, because I read on CRT a while ago that they would be coming. So I guess they finally found a location. I've heard this place is like Chevy's. Which is not a good thing.
Would rather have Chevys

Old 02-13-2013, 05:33 PM

14,693 posts, read 23,075,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles34 View Post
Not a good thing at all! With Paco's Tacos right across the road, I wonder how this will do. Paco's is locally owned and pretty good.
I love the bacon wrapped jalapenos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman View Post
Would rather have Chevys
Ya, it is not terrible. Better than some of the other Mexican chains to be sure.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:34 PM

2,155 posts, read 3,370,387 times
BTW, don't scoff at Chili's. There used to be a Bennigan's on that corner

Old 02-14-2013, 06:33 AM

11,722 posts, read 9,345,072 times
10,000 Villages in Cotswold Shopping Center closed... found that out yesterday when I tried to get a gift for the wife. A lot of empty store fronts on the backside of this center probably due to being hidden from the parking lot.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:53 AM

564 posts, read 1,252,278 times
Pure Taqueria in Matthews is closed up. They have a sign on the door that says closed until further notice but all the signs are off the building. I liked that place and went there frequently.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:34 AM

8,402 posts, read 20,278,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Lousy idea.. I went once and it was weird telling someone to grab random items I would usually pick up myself. I prefer to walk down isles and compare prices when I shop.
It's not intended to be a place to peruse and shop. Get in quickly, get out quickly, for a few items. It does very well in the Northeast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-LI View Post

Maybe that was an issue of mispronunciation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
10,000 Villages in Cotswold Shopping Center closed... found that out yesterday when I tried to get a gift for the wife. A lot of empty store fronts on the backside of this center probably due to being hidden from the parking lot.
I went to Books A Million on Tuesday to raid their "going out of business" deals (there are few) and was again surprised at how many businesses in Cotswold have very little visible presence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayday30 View Post
Pure Taqueria in Matthews is closed up. They have a sign on the door that says closed until further notice but all the signs are off the building. I liked that place and went there frequently.
Welcome to a month ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddySpice View Post
PURE Taqueria in Matthews is gone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC72 View Post
Wendy's at Cotswold is closed...or getting a remodel. Anybody know?
It's a Krispy Kreme now.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:11 PM

11,722 posts, read 9,345,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
It's not intended to be a place to peruse and shop. Get in quickly, get out quickly, for a few items. It does very well in the Northeast.
I get that and understand how they could do well in the NorthEast, especially in winter or in NJ where people are used to sitting in their cars when they get their gas pumped.

I think it's intention wasn't suited for a warm climate.... especially with Food Lion, Walmart and Harris Teeter on the other 3 corners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte