U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2009, 11:17 AM

841 posts, read 1,237,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
I heard that Wolf Camera was going under too, can anyone confirm that?
The entire chain is applying for bankruptcy protection. Remains to be seen what that means to the individual stores I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 02:22 PM

17 posts, read 92,672 times
Quiznos in Rosedale closed. Signed on door said it was due to the current economic conditions. Also heard the Quiznos in Cornelius closed. The one in Birkdale is still open.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:28 AM

1,915 posts, read 1,730,905 times
Ritz closing three Charlotte-area Wolf Camera stores - Charlotte Business Journal:?

Wolf Camera will cease operation of its shops in Bank of America Plaza at 101 S. Tryon St. and at the Shoppes at University Place at 8925 J.M. Keynes Drive in Charlotte. In addition, it will close a Concord store at Carolina Mall at 1480 U.S. Highway 29 North.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:36 AM

184 posts, read 508,277 times
As far as I know the only camera shop around is now Biggs (and if you want you can consider worst (best) buy a "camera shop"....anyone know of any others?

Old 04-08-2009, 06:40 AM

620 posts, read 1,918,097 times
The Wolf Camera store at SouthPark Mall is staying open.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:46 AM

4,280 posts, read 10,032,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxmike View Post
The Wolf Camera store at SouthPark Mall is staying open.
I heard the Arboretum is safe as well.

Hard to imagine Charlotte not having but a handful of camera shops who print on-site.
I miss Charlotte Camera.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:54 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,271,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
I heard the Arboretum is safe as well.

Hard to imagine Charlotte not having but a handful of camera shops who print on-site.
I miss Charlotte Camera.

This economy has done a fantastic job of speeding up the extinction process for places that no longer serve a purpose due to technology.

You've got printers being sold where all you need to do is put your memory stick inside of it and print out your shots. You can put your pictures online.You can even buy those picture frames that rotate digital shots that you've taken.

It was bound to happen anyway, the process has just been greatly sped up.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:09 PM

1,547 posts, read 2,169,061 times
wow! One main reason retailers and food service places are going out of business is the lack of patronage. For instance, Coffee Cup relocated to the UC area - Kaboom they moved again.
Upstream at Southpark is dead so is Francisco's. Car dealers have lot sales people on high alert, try shoppong for a car and see how fast you are greeted. Businesses are not getting shoppers to buy. Walk all of the malls on Saturday and see the lack of bags people are carying - its amazing. Concord Mills (NC #1 Attraction) lost 7-8 tenants in the past several months. Food chains are welcoming every customer at the front door! They are upselling everywhere including McDonalds. Big box retailers - are trimming the fat as fast as possible. Payroll for most companies average 18-22% and those are big numbers when you are lowering your prices to get sales - and profits are shedding to zip. no profits = no business. yes too banks have not been loaning money (extending credit) to businesses too, which has been a by product of the mortgage industry blunder. In my opinion, the stimulus packages are not going to help these businesses you see failing. the trickle down effect is -burnt toast. Stay tuned more job cuts and less spending by consumers.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:58 AM

171 posts, read 211,576 times
Northen Tools Gastonia store closed as of 3/31 . Waffle House Bessemer City rd closed for renovations, they say, never went in but I am sure their restrooms needed it.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:23 PM

4,280 posts, read 10,032,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clavoski View Post
Northen Tools Gastonia store closed as of 3/31 . Waffle House Bessemer City rd closed for renovations, they say, never went in but I am sure their restrooms needed it.
Rule #1, don't use the restrooms at the WF

[And I am not knocking the WF, I love it.]

Last edited by mullman; 04-09-2009 at 12:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte