Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2010, 11:55 AM

969 posts, read 1,955,148 times

Advertisements

Geez, it seems like EVERYTHING is too expensive for Charlotte.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 02:12 PM

416 posts, read 923,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomichauds View Post
Firenze Italian restaurant on Rea Road in S. Charlotte just closed. I believe one of my kid's teachers received a gift certificate from them for Christmas. I hope she made it there before the end of December

A new restaurant will open in that location in a few weeks: Rudy's Italian restaurant and bar. New management, renovation, etc. I never went to Firenze but I wonder if it was too expensive for that location.
Maybe you're right with price point. Campania was there in that spot prior to Firenze. This is sad if it is the price point for that area. I mean, it's Piper glen. I don't live in Piper Glen, so If I can get the same meal (or IMO better) @ another place, I'll opt for the "cheap good eats"
Rudy is the owner of Dolce. So time will tell. Cause they already got the name going for them which in this economy is a big plus.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:30 AM

7 posts, read 21,964 times
Quiznos in the Arborteum closed on Thursday the fourteenth.

Old 01-17-2010, 03:25 PM

284 posts, read 604,206 times
Sweet and Sassy in Blakeney closed a few weeks ago.

Old 01-17-2010, 03:49 PM

628 posts, read 2,073,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomichauds View Post
Firenze Italian restaurant on Rea Road in S. Charlotte just closed. I believe one of my kid's teachers received a gift certificate from them for Christmas. I hope she made it there before the end of December

A new restaurant will open in that location in a few weeks: Rudy's Italian restaurant and bar. New management, renovation, etc. I never went to Firenze but I wonder if it was too expensive for that location.

No surprise there...I went there during the last Restaurant Week and received stale bread, awful service, overpriced, and real small portions.
I've had better Italian food and been more satisfied at some chains!

Old 01-17-2010, 04:00 PM

628 posts, read 2,073,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator803 View Post
Sweet and Sassy in Blakeney closed a few weeks ago.
As for Sweet N Sassy...I would think that closing is strictly due to the economic times. It was a really good concept, however it was a place that wasn't a necessity but a luxury. People do not have the extra $$$ to waste on expensive birthday parties right now.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling we are going to see a lot more businesses in Blakeney closing down. I see Weichert Realty is no longer there, Sweet N Sassy, and there are a lot of other boutiques, stores, and restaurants which I never see anyone in. I'm sure rent is expensive and I wouldn't be surprised if this is just the beginning. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Old 01-17-2010, 04:16 PM

284 posts, read 604,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRKLYN2CLT View Post
As for Sweet N Sassy...I would think that closing is strictly due to the economic times. It was a really good concept, however it was a place that wasn't a necessity but a luxury. People do not have the extra $$$ to waste on expensive birthday parties right now.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling we are going to see a lot more businesses in Blakeney closing down. I see Weichert Realty is no longer there, Sweet N Sassy, and there are a lot of other boutiques, stores, and restaurants which I never see anyone in. I'm sure rent is expensive and I wouldn't be surprised if this is just the beginning. Hopefully, I'm wrong.
Lots of new businesses have opened in Blakeney and Blakeney Crossing recently, and I'm pretty sure they were able to take advantage of very cheap rent given current conditions - so the newer business can probably ride it out, unless the concept is bad. Sweet and Sassy had about 4000 square feet - I can't imagine what their break even had to be.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:12 PM

1,921 posts, read 2,012,105 times
Probably to no one's surprise, Movie Gallery, the parent company of Hollywood Video, has filed for bankruptcy today. No word yet on which stores will be closed, but the story says about 1/3 of them will close immediately. This is not so much an indication of the bad economy -- we just get movies from Netflix, Redbox and Internet downloads now.

Movie Gallery files bankruptcy, to shut 805 stores - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100203/media_nm/us_moviegallery - broken link)

Old 02-03-2010, 11:31 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,167,513 times
Bi-Lo on 74 in Indian Trail (as heard tonight on WCNC). They didn't give a date.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:32 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,253,323 times
per op
yes i have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte