Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2009, 10:29 AM

622 posts, read 1,777,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxmike View Post
The Uptown Morton's has been around for 14 years. I highly doubt it is going anywhere. The company stated that the Uptown Morton's is still one of the higher performing restaurants in the chain. To the other poster, it might have just been a slow night.

My guess, like everyone else's, is that the area had too many steak houses and one of them had to go. Also, I have heard of people having a not so good experience at the SouthPark Morton's. It'll be interesting to see what will eventually replace it. If it's a chain, I'd love to see a Benihana, Houston's, or Houlihan's.
I just received an email from Morton's advertising a steak and seafood special for 2 dinners at $99.

I went online to book it and there was no Morton's listed for Charlotte NC. I wonder if this is a sign of a future closing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 10:31 AM

26 posts, read 110,390 times
Just look in the paper. Our economy is in the worst recession since WWII. Unemployment is forecasted to hit close to 9 or 10%. Banks are hoarding cash -- I don't blame them. I am too. My purchasing habits have come to a complete halt. My family only purchases basic staples. Our family income >250K and we have cut back on our travel, investments, etc. We've have a few houses on the market forsale. They are not moving. We've had reasonable offers and accepted the terms to later find out that the new home buyer could not obtain credit -- and yes, they were preapproved.

So your perspective is right. Businesses are closing.

Here is little piece of advise to everyone:
#1) Make sure you pay your cc bills on time
#2) DO NOT build up debit on your CC. Banks will look at the debit in a negitive way.
#3) If you have CC that you have had and they have ZERO balance. Charge something on it and pay it off. Banks are reducing their exposure to bad debt and will close out your account.
#4) If you have a ELC, try to pay more than the minimum amount due. Pay an extra $50 each month.
#5) Do not apply for any credit no matter how enticing the offer may be. Today, Banks are checking their customers credit more frequently than the past. If they see you've been applying for additional credit, your credit could/would be reduced.

Food for thought!
--jeff

Old 01-11-2009, 10:32 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,470,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmarin View Post
I just received an email from Morton's advertising a steak and seafood special for 2 dinners at $99.

I went online to book it and there was no Morton's listed for Charlotte NC. I wonder if this is a sign of a future closing?
Hi Belmarin Yes, it was annouced a week or so ago, they are closing their South Park restaurant.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey262 View Post
Just look in the paper. Our economy is in the worst recession since WWII. Unemployment is forecasted to hit close to 9 or 10%. Banks are hoarding cash -- I don't blame them. I am too. My purchasing habits have come to a complete halt. My family only purchases basic staples. I would consider our family income >250K and we have cut back on our travel, investments, etc. We've had a few houses on the market for over a year for sale. They are not moving. We've had reasonable offer and accepted to later find out that the new home buyer could not obtain credit.

So your perspective is right on the money. Businesses are closing.

Here is little piece of advise to everyone:
#1) Make sure you pay you cc bills on time
#2) DO NOT build up debit on your CC. Banks will look at the debit in a negitive way.
#3) If you have CC that you have had and they have ZERO balance. Charge something on it and pay it off. Banks are reducing their exposure to bad debt and will close out your account.
#4) If you have a ELC, try to pay more than the minimum amount due. Pay an extra $50 each month.
#5) Do not apply for any credit not matter how enticing the offer may be. Today, Banks are checking their customers credit more frequently than the past. If they see you've been applying for additional credit, your credit could/would be reduced.

Food for thought!
--jeff
Thanks for the good stuff to munch on

Old 01-11-2009, 10:47 AM

2,445 posts, read 7,431,741 times
Evidently another independent business is going under. My friend told me that the Elk Creek Candle Company in Lowell is closing.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Hi Belmarin Yes, it was annouced a week or so ago, they are closing their South Park restaurant.
Hi LM. When I went to make a reservation for the special there was no Morton's available for a reservation anywhere in Charlotte. The uptown location was not listed and I wonder if there is a reason for this.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Hi LM. When I went to make a reservation for the special there was no Morton's available for a reservation anywhere in Charlotte. The uptown location was not listed and I wonder if there is a reason for this.
hmmmm...that's weird - I think the news only said the South Park location was closing, but maybe they both did. What a shame. Well, there's always Del Frisco's!

Old 01-11-2009, 01:12 PM

4,573 posts, read 7,485,139 times
Quote:
That's weird. I checked on Morton's website, and the Uptown location is still listed.

Old 01-11-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
That's weird. I checked on Morton's website, and the Uptown location is still listed.
Yes, it is still listed on Morton's website but it is not available for reservations to the future event that I received an email about. It's all speculation on my part but it's weird that I could not reserve for a future event offered by Morton's corporate.

Old 01-11-2009, 01:26 PM

4,573 posts, read 7,485,139 times
Quote:
Yes, it is still listed on Morton's website but it is not available for reservations to the future event that I received an email about. It's all speculation on my part but it's weird that I could not reserve for a future event offered by Morton's corporate.
Maybe you should talk to the manager.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte