U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 08:50 AM

19,143 posts, read 13,970,368 times

Advertisements

Are the pecans ready for eating? Does anyone know where they sell whole pecans in the shells???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 09:03 AM

7,407 posts, read 4,082,951 times
My next door neighbor has a pecan tree, and last year when we move here he told us they produce every other year, but both last yr and this we have been loaded with them. I don't know who sells them, sorry.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:51 AM

I can't believe I am having such a difficult time finding pecans or any mixed nuts in shells here in NC! I have checked with the local stores, veggie stands large chain stores and nothing. I love to put out a nut dish with the mixed nuts for decoration---oh yes, and of course my parrot loves to enjoy them too! I thought maybe I could find a pecan farm near me but so far I've found nothing even half way close. Maybe I'm just out of luck! I've had them shipped and it costs a bundle!

Old 10-13-2008, 10:37 AM

22,063 posts, read 40,023,402 times
Welcome to Tropical Fruit and Nut. Foods from everyday to gourmet. (http://www.tropicalfoods.com/flash/main.htm - broken link)
1100 Continental Blvd.
Charlotte, NC 28241

Old 10-13-2008, 10:53 AM

Thanks...I do know about that place. Problem is it's an hour and a half drive..for nuts!! With the price of gas it would be a toss up as to which would be cheaper--order online or drive to this place. Especially since we drive a truck and the gas mileage is not good! I was just hoping to find a place near Albemarle, Stanly county area. Or even someone who had some trees and would be willing to sell some nuts! Ha! Call me desperate!!! Thanks anyhow SunnyKayak--you are always there to try to help--appreciate that!

Old 10-13-2008, 08:39 PM

262 posts, read 563,555 times
Mine are now starting to get ready...We ate soo many yesterday I thought our stomachs would bust open, lol.
I have 7 trees and they all produce in the same year, every other year. I wish half produced one year and the other half the next.
Anyway, right now, only one of the trees is ready. In the next few weeks the rest will start coming down also.
I don't know where one would buy them. I wish I knew how I could sell some of mine. I'm sure some sort of testing is involved.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:16 AM

9,230 posts, read 5,207,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Are the pecans ready for eating? Does anyone know where they sell whole pecans in the shells???

I have been ordering my pecans for the last ten years from Sunnyland Farms in Albany Georgia. You can buy them in the shell or the shelled mammoth pecan halves (which are delicious) and it is the current years crop.

I buy the Mammoth Pecan Halves 10 lbs. (shelled) and they arrive in a strong box packed in a thick poly bag. I do the roasted pecans for gifts and pecan pies for the holidays. They offer the pecans in fancy tins and gift packaging but the price is better just buying the Pecans in the shell or if like me I am lazy and don't want to shell them so I buy the shelled. Their pricing includes shipping.

You can look at their website or request a catalog. They are good people to deal with and the pecans are great.

Sunnyland Farms Online Store

Old 11-28-2008, 10:19 AM

2 posts, read 12,483 times
Default pecans for sale in the shell by the pound

Quote:

Yes I have pecans call 704-467 5748

Old 11-28-2008, 10:28 AM

2 posts, read 12,483 times
Quote:
pecans for sale in Harrisburg by the pound........call 704-467-5748

Old 11-28-2008, 12:45 PM

Thank you so much for the reply. I guess now they are in season they are showing up everywhere! My dear neighbor just brought me a huge bucket full of fresh pecans. This time I'm not taking any chances and will freeze some for the next time they are so hard to find! Thanks again for the information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte