Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 11:17 PM

56 posts, read 134,851 times

Advertisements

charlotte nc is a major terrorist gathering point. it is documented that many businesses are own and operated by terrorist related groups. There is also a Islamic compound located in york county sc. and many more of these compounds are located across the usa.There is also many islamic websites being ran out of charlotte nc. these website make serious threats against the usa and its people. but as you know we have the right to free speach.As for 911 the gov was informed about this attack but would not believe that this great country of ours was in any danger! There are many threats, but you must be willing to see them to know that they are there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 11:30 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,295,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbee01 View Post
charlotte nc is a major terrorist gathering point. it is documented that many businesses are own and operated by terrorist related groups. There is also a Islamic compound located in york county sc. and many more of these compounds are located across the usa.There is also many islamic websites being ran out of charlotte nc. these website make serious threats against the usa and its people. but as you know we have the right to free speach.As for 911 the gov was informed about this attack but would not believe that this great country of ours was in any danger! There are many threats, but you must be willing to see them to know that they are there.
That "compound" is widely known about and has been investigated - nothing to see or write about there anymore. You sound like you have a bit too much time on your hands. Perhaps a hobby would do you a world of good

Old 10-20-2008, 09:41 AM

56 posts, read 134,851 times
you sound just like the officials that where warn about 911, nothing to worry about there either.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:04 AM

630 posts, read 1,868,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Perhaps a hobby would do you a world of good
LOL

It's one thing to be careful and another to be paranoid.

I guess I'm just playing the odds. I figure my demise will come by the way of some Volvo driving soccer mom talking on the cell phone plowing into me while I'm on my motorcycle, so terrorists don't scare me.

BTW more 16 times people were killed in auto accidents then in the 911 attacks in 2001.
But you don't see the gov't cracking down on talking or texting while driving do you?

Old 10-20-2008, 11:18 AM

693 posts, read 2,166,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbee01 View Post

Really? Is this how ugly America is now.... since when did Islamic=terrorist? Since when do we shut down websites for being subversive....or do we no longer respect their right to print whatever they like as long as they don't endanger anyone with their actions. Threats are not actions.

Since when is guilt assumed rather than innocence? Do you really believe fear is more beneficial than tolerance?

And...this post started out about home invasions in Matthews ---- so what does any of this post-911 paranoia have to do with minor burglary in a suburb?

Old 10-20-2008, 11:22 AM

575 posts, read 1,508,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexysteve View Post
LOL

It's one thing to be careful and another to be paranoid.

I guess I'm just playing the odds. I figure my demise will come by the way of some Volvo driving soccer mom talking on the cell phone plowing into me while I'm on my motorcycle, so terrorists don't scare me.

BTW more 16 times people were killed in auto accidents then in the 911 attacks in 2001.
But you don't see the gov't cracking down on talking or texting while driving do you?
Not in good taste to dismiss the victims of the attacks at the WTC. Maybe you can enlighten us on the ratio of people killed in auto accidents in 1941 compared to the service people killed at Pearl Harbor.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:38 AM

1,908 posts, read 4,957,512 times
WOW!!!! You just never know which way thes threads are going to go!

Old 10-20-2008, 11:45 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,295,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
yep, things have spiraled off topic for sure Although I guess if you tend to be paranoid you might think the home invasions in Matthews have something to do with the work of terrorists

Old 10-20-2008, 11:50 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,077,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
Soooooo true . . . but I think we better get this one back on track . . .

I believe if one checks Matthews crime info . . . it would show up as very miniscule violent crime. Anyone got a website????

Old 10-20-2008, 12:04 PM

630 posts, read 1,868,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondplayer View Post
Not in good taste to dismiss the victims of the attacks at the WTC. Maybe you can enlighten us on the ratio of people killed in auto accidents in 1941 compared to the service people killed at Pearl Harbor.
Since we're way off topic, this is my only reply.

I was commenting on paranoia concerning terrorists cells, not dismissing the events of 911. The fact of the matter is that you are much more likely to die in that shiny automobile in your driveway then by terrorists, robberies or any other accidental fatality. I also don't dismiss these as being non important.

So when people get so paranoid about terrorist cells it makes my laugh. Because they're much more likely to die driving to the grocery store. We make such a big deal about spending money and effort cracking down on terror, but how much is spent making sure people are safe drivers? Not money spent on cars being safer, but money and effort spent on making people drive more safely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte