Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 11:25 AM

693 posts, read 2,166,209 times

Advertisements

Hi there!

Lived in FL for over a dozen years. Loved it, probably never would have left...We moved from Boca Raton to NJ 20 months ago for Dh's job and are (probably) moving to Charlotte (one of the south to southeast suburbs) in December (Christmas in boxes again).

NCbound, just curious since you live in Boca --- can you describe whats different or the same (NC compared to Boca)? Would love to hear what to expect from someone from home. Would love to hear more on this subject from all of you South Floridians too. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2007, 02:12 PM

80 posts, read 256,054 times
I've have lived in South Florida for 15 yrs ( Boca Raton) and am currently building in Mooresville. I'm so excited to be getting out of here. Glad to hear others have made the move and like it. I'm originally from Philadelphia and happy to say I'm a half-back!!!!! Don't want the harsh winter weather and love Charlotte from what I've seen so far.

Old 09-14-2007, 05:16 PM

673 posts, read 2,670,461 times
We moved here 5 months ago from Pembroke Pines, and we have been happy so far. It was an adjustment at first, as shopping here didn't seem as convenient as what we were used to in S. FL. I am very excited for the fall, having lived in FL all of my life with no change of seasons. I think the scenery here is much more appealing. I love all the trees, and I like the styles of the homes here too. The only thing I miss about S. FL is my family and friends.

Old 09-15-2007, 02:06 PM

16 posts, read 81,548 times
Default Nice to see young people, better climate

We moved here a month ago from Southwest Florida. We appreciate the younger demographic profile here. It is refreshing to see young families, energetic parents and children, at stores and restaurants. Back in Florida, a shopping trip felt like a visit to the nursing home. Old heavy people clogged the aisles moving slowly like zombies. The service is much better here as well because there is a good supply of young workers.

We were unable to take our baby outside in Florida. It was too hot and uncomfortable, and she got terrible insect bites. Here, even on very hot days, we find it very pleasant to take walks in the mornings and evenings.

Old 09-15-2007, 02:14 PM

4 posts, read 13,306 times
North Carolina is beautiful...Indian Trail is near Charlotte and great for families. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of service:

http://brookemoore.yourkwagent.com

Old 09-16-2007, 07:59 PM

22 posts, read 62,407 times
Default moving to charlotte in mid 2008

My company moved a few months ago and the remaining staff has to make a decision before the end of the year.
i am not one of the South Floridians that is as eager to move, although i am warming up to the idea.
too much support from friends and family in our area (Boca/Delray) hard to pick up and move to a place where you know no one.

does anyone have any experience they would share on meeting new friends in the Charlotte area?

Old 09-17-2007, 12:46 PM

2 posts, read 2,699 times
Hi to everyone on this thread -
I'm a reporter for The Palm Beach Post newspaper in West Palm Beach, Florida, looking for people from my area who have moved to Charlotte. I'm looking for folks who have moved their families and gotten new jobs or started businesses (not necessarily retirees).
Specifically, it should be people from Palm Beach, Martin or St. Lucie Counties, who live in the Charlotte area full time.
I'd love to hear from you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte