Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2007, 05:57 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times

Advertisements

Hey guys its me again!!!!...LOL....I just have a question for those wesley chapel folks, is Weddington Middle and Weddington Hs the only middle and hs zoned for this area??? Im not so concerned with Elem school but am with Middle and then a few years will be HS...lol....Will they have an opportunit to go to any of the new schools???

We are here in Union County and someone here mentioned we should go take a drive through Wesley Chapel as we are staying in the Country Inns and Suites in Matthews....

thanks
Staci
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2007, 08:50 PM

197 posts, read 735,597 times
If you look at the union county public schools website it shows all of the schools in the county and exact zoning for every subdivision - it also shows schools planned to be built

Old 02-16-2007, 04:39 PM

396 posts, read 1,630,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmomof2 View Post
Hey guys its me again!!!!...LOL....I just have a question for those wesley chapel folks, is Weddington Middle and Weddington Hs the only middle and hs zoned for this area??? Im not so concerned with Elem school but am with Middle and then a few years will be HS...lol....Will they have an opportunit to go to any of the new schools???

We are here in Union County and someone here mentioned we should go take a drive through Wesley Chapel as we are staying in the Country Inns and Suites in Matthews....

thanks
Staci

Staci,

We looked at houses all day in Hunter Oaks yesterday and were told that all of the neighborhoods on that side of Providence Rd. will be re-zoned for the new MS and HS. But you know....real estate agents will say anything

Old 02-16-2007, 07:14 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,486,415 times
I would choose Marvin Ridge over Weddington, but I am biased! Remember that the bungalows (called portables or trailers here) house the overflow that will be moving to Marvin, so the numbers will go down to more normal amounts after the new schools are built. And then you may get many more parents liking it again.

Dawn

Old 02-16-2007, 09:18 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
dawn I called the school district and hunter oaks and Somerset and the Reserve will be going to marvin Ridge middle and marvin ridge hs...Hunter Oaks also will be going to the new elem school Rae View which is also fine with us...What did u think of hunter oaks??? we love the newer section of it and well the Reserve they go to sandy ridge across the street from the development and marvin ridge middle and so on..Honestly I wasnt thrilled about weddington middle and quiet a few parents ARENT happy with the school for numerous reasons...I am so torn, but we are going to venture out a little tomorrow just to go and look, we are going to look at price mill and blackstone...

Old 02-17-2007, 07:25 AM

5 posts, read 13,480 times
Hi all...newbie here but I've been reading thru alot of the posts here the past week or so...we may be moving to Charlotte (job oppty) and my #1 concern is schools...what's the issues with weddington schools??

I've been looking and think I've narrowed any searches to the Weddington / Marvin / Wesley Chapel areas.

THanks to all for the input and advice!!...rgds..Karl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte