Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 05:36 PM

2 posts, read 4,121 times

Advertisements

I think so..after analyzing everything here..I think it does not have much of a shot for a prosperous future.
1. No business
2. No natural scenery or water to attract people here
3. Amazing crime
4. Bad Schools
5. Lousy infrastructure

the weather is just great though...is you can live on that..c'mon down..
my house is for sale...cheap!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 05:40 PM

195 posts, read 972,244 times
The schools are really bad? Is this all over North Carolina or just "inner-city" Charlotte? And in what way are they bad? Are the students terrible in their behavior? Are the teachers lazy and unwilling to put in a sincere effort to teach? Are the physical structures ie. the bricks and mortar or the schools dilapidated? Please explain – my wife wants to move to NC someday and she is becoming a teacher.

Old 10-19-2008, 05:43 PM

628 posts, read 2,077,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taracat View Post
I think so..after analyzing everything here..I think it does not have much of a shot for a prosperous future.
1. No business
2. No natural scenery or water to attract people here
3. Amazing crime
4. Bad Schools
5. Lousy infrastructure

the weather is just great though...is you can live on that..c'mon down..
my house is for sale...cheap!

See ya!!! Have a nice day!!! I don't know where your from, or where you live now but, I am living much better here and find living here so much nicer and safer than NYC.

I admit, I had to adjust a little to the city, the lack of traffic, friendlier people and English being spoken (even in Fast Food Restaurants) .

It seems people move here expecting to find an amazing job and life etc. This is not the Land Of Oz!!!! You need to work towards your goals to achieve them. I love Charlotte and would never move away. This is now home. Sorry it did not work out for you.

You sound pretty bitter...where are you originally from and why did you move to such a "lousy" city to begin with??
The economy in the entire country is suffering......so if you think the grass is greener; go!!!

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 10-19-2008 at 08:55 PM.. Reason: flaming

Old 10-19-2008, 05:43 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,444,534 times
Business is bad all over the country, but if a person gets transferred or lands a job here, that certainly means business for THEM would be just fine. Unless you are out of work or facing a possible lay-off, no reason to cite "business" as a reason for TURNING DOWN a transfer here.

Uh, w/ two lakes . . . and mountains on the horizon . . . don't get your reference.

Crime is here like everywhere. The problem here is that we have some young thugs (a group of wh/ just was apprehended, thank goodness) . . . and they tend to leave their own hoods and venture out into nicer areas where one would not traditionally expect crime. Our new Chief of Police seems to be on top of this and I believe most of us feel very good about his approach.

Not sure what you mean about "bad schools." There are some schools wh/ perform at low levels but they are in very specific areas.

Our infrastructure is strained. But describing it as LOUSY - don't think so. Last time I checked, we have not had a bridge collapse, wh/ is what I would classify as "lousy infrastructure."

Hope you get your house sold. The whole nation is in the grasp of a housing debacle, so that is hardly a problem unique to Charlotte.

Old 10-19-2008, 05:51 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,400,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taracat View Post
3. Amazing crime

You know you do make that sound like a good thing.

<spoken in game show host voice> "Great restaurants!!! Wonderful weather!!! Amazing crime!!!! All this can be yours....".

Old 10-19-2008, 05:52 PM

63 posts, read 257,641 times
im still trying to figure out the no natural scenery or water to attract people! wtf is this person smoking?

Old 10-19-2008, 05:53 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,444,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
You know you do make that sound like a good thing.

<spoken in game show host voice> "Great restaurants!!! Wonderful weather!!! Amazing crime!!!! All this can be yours....".
ROFL! And the housing is cheap. What more could you desire?

Old 10-19-2008, 05:55 PM

755 posts, read 2,492,104 times
I left Charlotte a little over a year ago, and I do miss the people. But I don't miss the completely inept government which guarantees bad schools, bad roads, bad traffic, and bad crime. I must say I don't experience any of those things where I live now.

Old 10-19-2008, 05:58 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,400,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
ROFL! And the housing is cheap. What more could you desire?
Seriously!

Think about it though. In this case, Charlotte's crime is just that much better than the crime where this poster comes from. It's not just good or even great, it's downright AMAZING!!!!!

Old 10-19-2008, 06:00 PM

628 posts, read 2,077,577 times
No Whammy.....No Whammy....No Whammy....No Whammy.....STOP!!!

Amazing Crime for $600 please?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte