Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 10:21 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,666,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyV View Post
Thanks, I didn't think of that. I don't know if they carry the individual bottles. I'll have to look. If anyone has seen Diet Raspberry Snapple Iced Tea out there... I would appreciate the info.
YW.

I wouldn't have thought of it either, but Pathmark put up a sign saying that they would do it.

I commented about it to a couple of cashiers I know & they said that the store decided to do it because they're still moving the same amount of product & the loose bottles come from a case, anyway.

Can't hurt to ask Bi-Lo. The worst they can say is no.

That's one reason why I started the thread, so we an exchange ideas & information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damemeow View Post
I had to check my pantry, but I actually have a few cans of this... not bad for making sauce. Harris Teeter had some crazy low sale, so I picked up a few.

I recommend chcking out Aldi's for lower priced canned goods... usually you won't recognize the brand label, but the quality is excellent on most of veggies I have tried.
Aldi isn't a bad idea. In the special purchase rotation they have a line of Italian products from Italy & I think the Italian line was last week or the week before. I know that that line includes canned tomatoes. I think it's Priano. http://www.aldifoods.com/us/html/off...?WT.z_src=main

Last edited by southbound_295; 10-22-2008 at 11:57 AM..

Old 10-22-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Aldi isn't a bad idea. In the special purchase rotation they have a line of Italian products from Italy & I think the Italian line was last week or the week before. I know that that line includes canned tomatoes. I think it's Priano. ALDI - Special Purchases
I found this: Priano Nutrition Facts, Calories, Fat, Protein, and Diet Information - Food Search Results - The Daily Plate Calorie Counter

Related to that, try the Grandessa dried pasta at Aldi. It's imported from Italy. You won't be sorry.

http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutriti...essa/sconcigli

http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutriti...dessa/riccetti

Last edited by southbound_295; 10-22-2008 at 01:32 PM..

Old 10-22-2008, 02:26 PM

1,908 posts, read 4,981,082 times
Yum!!! Sounds like I need to find an Aldi's.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
Yum!!! Sounds like I need to find an Aldi's.
LOL, I just got back from Aldi & Pathmark. Aldi still had 28 oz cans of the Priano crushed tomatoes for $.89.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
Has anyone seen Progresso Brand whole canned tomatos??
Hey Doorway! You won't believe this!!! I ran into Dollar Tree this afternoon to pick up a couple of things & in the food aisle there were all types of Progresso tomatoes in the blue cans.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:25 PM

693 posts, read 2,175,967 times
Default Entemanns & Stella Doro

Ok folks, holidays are almost here and I require baked goods I know some grocery stores carry Entemanns & Stella Doro brand baked goods, but none seem to carry the full line.

Has anybody come across:

1. Entemann's "Ultimate Crumb Cake" In case you are wondering it has more crumbly stuff than the regular crumb cake"

2. Entemanns Pumpkin Pie. Entemann's makes 2 kinds a regular and one they call "Southern Style" I am looking for the original (Southern syle is sweeter and stickier.

3. Stella Doro makes sesame cookies, and I forgot what they call them. They were kind of hard to find up North, but I eventually found them at shoprite. Here I am having no luck.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:49 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,721,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damemeow View Post
Has anybody come across:

1. Entemann's "Ultimate Crumb Cake" In case you are wondering it has more crumbly stuff than the regular crumb cake"

I know what your talking about. It doesn't come in the traditional white box, its packaged in a beigey type color.......love it....its all about the crumbly's....

I can't find it either.......since I can't find it, I've switched to the Entemenn's Cheese Danish...not bad

Old 11-05-2008, 08:03 PM

1,908 posts, read 4,981,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncgdad1 View Post
Hey Dori, have you ever tried Tuttorosso? I'm not sure if they have whole tomatoes, I've always picked up the crushed tomatoes. I used to pick up a couple of cases when Shop-Rite had the "can-can" sale back in Jersey. I actually found them in Walmart recently @ $ .98/ 28 oz. can, that's an excellent price. Check it out...Ron

Guess what I found a case of today????? Tottorosso's.. We were all right. The green cans are chopped and the blue cans are whole. I got a case and will make a big pot of gravy next week. Don't know if you've been reading the gnocci thread, but I may have to have some of them too. I'll let you know how they stack up to Progresso.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:30 PM

380 posts, read 1,756,701 times
I have a recipe for a chocolate cake that is out of this world. But it calls for "Thank You" brand chocolate pudding. Comes in a can. I used to get it at a few stores in Ohio. haven't been able to find it here and I am dying to make the cake. The recipe says you cannot use pudding that comes in a box. Has anyone seen it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: