U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 08:07 PM

264 posts, read 766,447 times

Advertisements

So what was wrong with your phone and it was out?
I know that if your phone lines were cut and you hit the emergency dispatch button it can't connect with them and they don't even know you pushed that button. Is cell back-up suppose to come on automatically with-in a set time period? Everytime they call me b/c of some issue, they message they leave is "blah-blah-blah, the police have been dispatched". Now I am going to call my rep tomorrow and find out what the exact procedure is. It seems like after they call the main number and there is no answer they should dispatch the police, then call the rest of the numbers....

(I have CPI & at one of house that I was renovating at the time, someone had gone under the house and snipped the phone lines so that the sec. sys. couldn't connect with CPI. I didn't know what was wrong for 2 weeks. The phone compnay came out 2 times and told me that everything was fine. The CPI system kept hollering 'phone system failure'. The 3rd time AT&T came out, I had them check under the house to make sure everything was ok and that's when they found the problem. I was pretty upset that it took them that long to figure it out.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 07:55 AM

14,131 posts, read 20,906,379 times
Well here's an interesting update..

The house across the street thats empty was robbed last week. They took the appliances. You think it's a coincidence or maybe someone/people were checking for open back doors for open invitations?? I mean I have blinds, a truck out front, CPI signs, etc. I don't know why someone would think that they could come in and not get smoked??? Now here's something else that's scary: There are all occupied houses around this robbed house!!!! That means that someone was casing our neighborhood and there's only about 15 houses built!!! Pretty scary

Old 10-28-2008, 08:07 AM

630 posts, read 1,678,460 times
himain,
was the robbed house occupied?
If it was under construction it's not uncommon for the appliances to get swiped. Its usually people who know that its under construction or the workers. When our house was built a truck backed up to it one night but luckily the workers locked up that night.

You should have a sign, "Come in uninvited ... get smoked" and have a little printout of the law.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:40 AM

1,877 posts, read 4,315,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexysteve View Post
himain,
was the robbed house occupied?
If it was under construction it's not uncommon for the appliances to get swiped. Its usually people who know that its under construction or the workers. When our house was built a truck backed up to it one night but luckily the workers locked up that night.

You should have a sign, "Come in uninvited ... get smoked" and have a little printout of the law.
I would suggest a picture-pretty confident that most of these thugs cant read!

Old 10-28-2008, 08:50 AM

1,907 posts, read 4,455,623 times
Where do you find these things!!!!! ROFLMAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte