U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 11:27 AM

1,852 posts, read 4,668,946 times

Advertisements

The title of this reminds me of Kindergarden Cop where Arnold asks the kids "Who is your Daddy and what does he do?"

Anywho, been here over 2 years, 30ish single guy, hanging out in Huntersville and working uptown. I recently bought my house and used CD for some background and enjoy getting feedback to ideas. A decent group of folks on here, so I have some confidence in what they say. It's a nice additional piece to the puzzle. Lastly, I enjoy helping others as I can and try to interject humor when possible. I negotiate conrtracts for a living, so I float in words and numbers daily, but like to pull back and see the outside world when possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 11:31 AM

21,903 posts, read 27,179,065 times
I'm moving down from South Jersey next week.

The jobs that I'm qualified for have been leaving for NC from this area for years. As they go, the workforce stays & the pay keeps going down & I'm just sick of it.

I came here from Michigan when I was 13 & now I'm (well...... I'm a year older than Emissary).........

I've had a load of friends from the south over the years & the weather's about the same as here, so I declined some offers of free housing in Michigan & I'm going to the outer area of the metro area. I know, it's a lousy time, so I'm looking for a fixer-upper & that will leave me money & not jeopardize my investment in a house that could still be losing value. I can always move at a later time.

I don't expect a wonderful job to fall out of the sky & hit me on the head. I'll update my online resumes & take whatever is available & legal in the mean time, & take some classes too.

The Charlotte board is very helpful to me (especially Ani) I try to help others if I can.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:33 AM

172 posts, read 528,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodbye Bawlmer View Post
Thank you all! (I'm still not saying y'all)
You will be soon. I didn't even realize I was doing it until a friend from up north said something about it while we were on the phone. Don't worry, it's a good thing.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:35 AM

569 posts, read 1,222,405 times
In my early 30's. Currrently work in corporate sales in the communications industry (and as rare as it is I actually like my job). I have a mostly liberal arts background. Worked as a photographer for several years and was also a musician. Currently trying to obtain an international business degree but it is sloowwww going. I have many interest...probably too many. LOL I joined because I find it a great resource for information. My wife and I are both from Charlotte which is unusual. I have two furry kids... not human but I love them just them same....

Old 10-23-2008, 11:42 AM

1,181 posts, read 2,747,587 times
I found C-D also by accident as so many of you did, but stayed because of the warm people you all are. How you all go out of your way to help perfect strangers find information on anything and everything is just amazing and I wanted to be part of that.

I'm a mom in my mid-thirties working in FP&A.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:43 AM

14,115 posts, read 20,844,353 times
Early 30's female..Taken but not married..No kids..Just a spoiled brat cat!! Former dancer, now waitressing. Found CD while researching Charlotte on my move from Miami. Stuck to it ever since. Tons of good advice and info on here. It's a nice escape from everyday while learning new things.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:07 PM

1,865 posts, read 4,786,324 times
OK...the REAL reason why I post here & hang around....it's because of all the gross, disgusting & icky spider & snake pictures & stories, LOLOLOL!!!!

BxRosie

Old 10-23-2008, 12:42 PM

359 posts, read 1,015,025 times
Hi All,

Early 30's, moved from St Petersburg, FL (GOOO RAYS!) to Charlotte in January this year because of DH job offer. Had a bit of a rough time adjusting, but now love it here. Can't beat this gorgeous weather
have a 14 yr old son, and a cat who thinks she's a dog. Staying on East side of Charlotte, just outside of Matthews, and love having the dollar movie theater around the corner..
found CD when looking for some info and stayed around..

Old 10-23-2008, 01:00 PM

509 posts, read 1,643,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whytewulf View Post
The title of this reminds me of Kindergarden Cop where Arnold asks the kids "Who is your Daddy and what does he do?"
hmmm, maybe that should be my next post! We'd get all sorts of interesting answers there

Old 10-23-2008, 01:17 PM

1,808 posts, read 5,861,868 times
Sounds like one of those "ice breakers" you'd have to do in some corporate meeting - LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlTravels View Post
hmmm, maybe that should be my next post! We'd get all sorts of interesting answers there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte