U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-23-2008, 09:02 PM

5,942 posts, read 6,788,638 times

Advertisements

Male, mid-40's with a great family here in Mooresville. We are originally from the Jersey Shore. We moved to Fredericksburg, VA for 12 years in the 90's and then up to Taneytown, MD for 3 years, before coming here 5 years ago. These were all job related moves.

I found C-D before our move to Maryland, but I was strictly a lurker. We also used C-D to glean information for our move to NC, and then I started posting after we settled in here.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 10:03 PM

18,268 posts, read 3,075,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlTravels View Post
I thought it would kind of fun to see where everyone's coming from on this forum, and might help those who are considering a move to Charlotte to see how many different perspectives we have.

I'll start... I'm a 30something lawyer who moved to Charlotte about a year and a half ago for my job. I am originally from the great white North (Vermont). I had previously lived in the Charlotte area from 1997-2000, with a stint in Statesville from 2000-2004 and Greensboro from 2004-2006.

If I was single or if we didn't have kids, I'd live in uptown in a heartbeat. If I could afford it we'd live in Myers Park or Dilworth.

Instead I live in the Huntersville 'burbs!

I post because this forum was very helpful when I was moving here, and I just kind of stuck around.

YOUR TURN.
I am from Indiana!! saw this and thought would drop in and say hi!
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte