U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2008, 01:51 PM

20 posts, read 52,903 times

Advertisements

HI all
I just got back from looking at alot of houses in Huntersville and I figured I'd post about the subdivisions and first impression I had while they are still fresh in my head.

Macaulay- By far the best development we saw for people with young children. Everywhere we looked there were kids there. The houses were great there too (although they all seemed close to the street- no front yards which was weird to me).

Birkdale- Beautiful community with gorgeous landscaped trees etc..
The families here seemed a little older though- alot more teens than young children around.

Wynfield-another favorite.
These three were close to alot of things- like birkdale Village and shops etc.

Stephens Grove- loved the home here- nice construction with lots of upgrades in all homes we saw- However this community is kind of in the middleof no where. Outside of it is very rural- it took ten minutes in car to get to closest store which was CVS and then another five minutes more to get to a gas station even. Beautiful homes but a good fifteen minutes away from anything commercial. If your looking for nice home but set a bit away in more rural part of huntersville this might be for you.

Going back for second trip in January- I'll let you know if we see anything in any other subdivisions.

Hope this helps. We have young kids so we are leaning towards Macaulay because people were very friendly and there were so many families it felt like a tight knit nice community to be a part of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 02:18 PM

1,852 posts, read 4,665,711 times
You looked at some pretty good locations and you're essentialy hitting my opinions on the nose as well. My opinions:

Wynfield: Nicer older neighborhood, lots of nice trees, but most of the homes were 15+ years old and ready for some serious upgrades. Close to things off 23/gilead.

Birkdale: Very nice, but you pay a little bit more for the location and you are stuck off exit 25 with not a lot of options. That exit gets really ugly. Close to lots of retail/commericial.

Macaulay, it's a little cheaper in my opinion, and I didn't like the yards/houses. Too much clearing. Great for starter families I presume.

Stephens Grove, it is more rural, but not by much. I may be biased though because of the 6 or 7 divisions I looked at this is the one I chose. The community is awesomly quiet if thats what you like, has a great trees in most areas and nice community. Lots of kids and growing families, plus single people and retired. Good range of hosues $275 to $500. Shea is a quality builder as well and is well known for their customer service. It does take 10 minutes to get to your first strip mall, but not so bad as you think. You can get to gas at the Exxon right off Beatties and 73 in 7 minutes or less. then the Harris Teeter and laws off Cattawba and 73 in 10 minutes. 10 - 15 minutes gets you to Gilead with Buy-Low/HT, and tons of others. 15 minutes north or south you get Birkdale and Northlake. They are also building a bunch of stuff off Mt. Holly and Beatties in the next 2 years. So you are not right next to anything (which is why its quiet), but near everything, which is what I like. Also a very nice park is right there and 2 new schools. one last point, is getting uptown is easy in 20 minutes taking Beatties, you don't have to take 77 or Statesville in. ok enough of my rant.

Old 10-23-2008, 02:56 PM

327 posts, read 1,057,469 times
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Wynfield awfully close to I-485 (when it is opened in this area). Might be something to consider. You can see the planned path for I-485 on any aerial mapping program (i.e. Google maps).

Old 10-23-2008, 03:29 PM

1,521 posts, read 4,475,771 times
No Wynfield will be fine. Actually its a good 10 minutes away I would say by car. 77 is closer.

Old 10-23-2008, 03:33 PM

1,852 posts, read 4,665,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBIkid View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Wynfield awfully close to I-485 (when it is opened in this area). Might be something to consider. You can see the planned path for I-485 on any aerial mapping program (i.e. Google maps).
Actually I believe it will be just south running along Mt. Holly Road.

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Maps...etionDates.pdf

Old 10-23-2008, 06:07 PM

49 posts, read 151,477 times
I moved into Northstone a year ago today and love it. It is a little out of the way. Meaning you won't find it by driving the main thoroughfares, but is really close to everything in Huntersville. Great people in the neighborhood. Lot's of little ones and a nice country club tat doesn't cost an arm and a leg to join!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or