Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 09:05 AM

87 posts, read 327,928 times

Advertisements

Hey Carolina Blue, that IPO information on the city was excellent and very informative... Sorry for those of you who are thinking this is off topic... but look above, follow the link and i think you might agree with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2007, 05:07 PM

23 posts, read 86,080 times
If you don't mind - would you PM me also? I am planning to move to Charlotte in 8 months and would like any information you could provide on "Progressive African-American" neighborhoods, social groups and networking groups - specifically neighborhoods. I consistently ask this question and get steered toward Atlanta - I am not moving to Atlanta and Atlanta can't possibly be the only city in the US for positive progressive African Americans - am I wrong?

Old 07-25-2007, 06:44 PM

699 posts, read 2,227,942 times
Eh, Black Enterprise made the Washington D.C. metro as the #1 top best city for African-Americans in 2007.

D.C. must be doing something right.

The Ten Best Cities for African Americans

Some reasons cited was top notch cultural activities, robust job market, highest median income values ($404,900).

Like someone stated earlier, biggest dissatisfaction comes from the public school system in D.C., but the surrounding suburbs have some of the best school systems in the country while the D.C. metro area has the best-educated black population of the cities, boasting the highest percentage of high school and college graduates.

Raleigh-Durham ranked #3 and Charlotte ranked #7.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:10 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,622,814 times
This couldn't possibly have anything to do with Bobcat Johnson (owner of BET) owning an NBA team in Charlotte does it? Or how about the arena that was given to him on a silver platter? I'm surprised no one has mentioned this connection yet.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:41 PM

29 posts, read 164,531 times
I will try not to hold that against Charlotte.
BET is horrible.

carolina_guy- Bob Johnson sold BET to Viacom.

Old 07-25-2007, 09:09 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,622,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oyabun View Post
I will try not to hold that against Charlotte.
BET is horrible.

carolina_guy- Bob Johnson sold BET to Viacom.
oh, well my bad.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:44 PM

29 posts, read 164,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
oh, well my bad.
Not really because he is a total scumbag. If he does to NBA Basketball what he did to BET then I guess I'm going to have to find a new sport.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:49 AM

2 posts, read 5,336 times
Default Charlotte (The Queen City)

Good Morning,

I agree with you about the safety of Charlotte. I love that city! I live in Columbia but escape to Charlotte as often as possible. I am a professional private investigator. Sometimes my business lead me to Charlotte and I'm always delighted to spend time there. If I move from Columbia, Charlotte is the city to live in or near.

I echo your endorsement about Charlotte being a major city in the USA for black entrepreneurs. I have several business partners in Charlotte and enjoy coming there to meet with them. As a matter of fact, I will be there this Saturday morning, 10/13/07 at 10:00 A.M. at the Hilton on Harris Blvd. I'm meeting with some of my partners. We will be meeting with Ken Robinson Co-Founder of 1Voice Worldwide, Inc.

1Voice is one of the fastest growing 100% black owned businesses in the USA. These guys have learned how to tap into the $2 Trillion dollars in new revenue being produced in the USA. I am excited about meeting with Ken to receive the information he will be sharing about the huge streams of revenue being generated. If you're not too busy, why don't you come over and be one of the first to learn what's about to happen, bring some others with you and ask for me.

Call me for more info...(803) 318-4835

Amos

Old 10-09-2007, 07:55 AM

2 posts, read 5,336 times
Default Good Morning

Hey Carolina Blue,

I read your post about Charlotte. I can tell that you are well read and knowyour stuff. I found your article on Charlotte very educational and enlightening. They ought to pay you..lol..

I agree with you about the Charlotte. I love that city! I live in Columbia but escape to Charlotte as often as possible. I am a professional private investigator. Sometimes my business lead me to Charlotte and I'm always delighted to spend time there. If I move from Columbia, Charlotte is the city to live in or near.

I echo your endorsement about Charlotte being a major city in the USA for black entrepreneurs. I have several business partners in Charlotte and enjoy coming there to meet with them. As a matter of fact, I will be there this Saturday morning, 10/13/07 at 10:00 A.M. at the Hilton on Harris Blvd. I'm meeting with some of my partners. We will be meeting with Ken Robinson Co-Founder of 1Voice Worldwide, Inc.

1Voice is one of the fastest growing 100% black owned businesses in the USA. These guys have learned how to tap into the $2 Trillion dollars in new revenue being produced in the USA. I am excited about meeting with Ken to receive the information he will be sharing about the huge streams of revenue being generated. You sound like someone we would love to have in our business group. If you're not too busy, why don't you come over to the Hilton as my "Special Guest" and be one of the first to learn what's about to happen, bring some others with you and ask for me. (Amos) If you can't make it, send some folks so they can hear what is about to happen! Hope to meet you there!

Call me for more info...(803) 318-4835

Amos

Old 10-09-2007, 08:42 AM

19 posts, read 17,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
Was out all last week at the CIAA
OTHER WEBSITES OF INTEREST
ciaatournament.org/
eastlandmall.com/
dynastybooks.com/
friendshipcharlotte.org/
imajsalon.com/
jcsu.edu/
mamaluantique.com/
mselsies.com/
monetshoes.com/
newbirthcharlotte.org/
nogrease.com/
oasis-dayspa.com/welcome/
realeyesbookstore.com/
upbc.org/
vccenter.net/
Eastland Mall should NOT be on this list. That is a horrible mall for all races. A more diverse mall is SouthPark and Carolina Place Mall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte