U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-26-2008, 05:56 PM

45,121 posts, read 57,026,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramca View Post
Thank you for the suggestions on Dr.s I think her team now will try to connect us with dr.s in North Carolina maybe through the medical college, because she has a rare form of epilepsy stemming from an auto immune disease. She requires IVIG treatments in addition to medication. She is part of a medical study so I imagine her dr.s here will want to follow progress of her care.

As far as living location, I must really be missing something. According to the map I am looking at, DH will be working off 85 over between the University and the speedway. (I figured that was uptown in my original post) According to Mapquest he would be taking 73 from Corneilus and hit 85 it should take approx. 20 min. Tega Cay, Lake Wylie, and Ballentyne are completely across town. Are we to assume the traffic is so much worse in the north and it is a better commute from the south even though it is so much farther?

Thank you so much for your replies.

Sort of...lol. See, the north end is extremely popular with newcomers, but there are limited ways to get from there to uptown. When you live in the south end there are more secondary roads to travel - so you can avoid the interstate in a lot of cases. From Cornelius your travel is mostly by interstate - four laned when in reality it should be 8 laned. But, since your hubby is not needing to go uptown, only over to the University area that is more doable, but still congested. Hope that helps?
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 06:04 PM

87 posts, read 144,911 times
Thank you loves mountains. That makes a lot of sense.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:16 PM

133 posts, read 331,763 times
If he will be working in the North end I would NOT move to the South end of town! That's just my opinion though.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:37 PM

1,877 posts, read 2,955,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhiteQueen View Post
If he will be working in the North end I would NOT move to the South end of town! That's just my opinion though.
Agreed! There is a subdivision on 29 between the college and the speedway called Withrow Downs, that might meet your needs. It's an easy drive to NE Medical Center or even closer to CMC University. It's also only minutes from I-85, and uptown is not more than 20 minutes straight down Tryon.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:50 PM

16,480 posts, read 31,266,301 times
You might want to contact the school district to see what services are offered. I don't have specific experience in the region but some friends have complained about the uneveness of spec ed services provided, some districts do a better job than others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte