U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2008, 08:01 AM

2 posts, read 4,958 times

Advertisements

Im moving from Florida and I am looking for a teaching job. Does anyone know of any openings in the lake Norman area? My husband is moving very soon but unfortunaltey, I must stay behind and finish out the semester here. Im a high school Drama teacher. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 09:11 AM

549 posts, read 1,565,660 times
That's a popular area and there isn't a lot of demand for high school drama teachers (1 per school). You'll probably have better luck finding something in another area of CMS.

Old 11-02-2008, 01:09 PM

176 posts, read 471,183 times
You should apply to CMS and to Cabarrus County. Cabarrus is a much better place to work. As for CMS, after you fill out your application online and check postings, they don't always post all the vacancies and it takes them forever to process the paperwork, or at least that was my experience. As a result, target schools where you would like to teach and contact the principals of those schools and send them a resume and let them know you are looking for a position. They may or may not have one, or they may know of one at another school. In any case, don't just submit an application and rely on human resources or the schools to contact you. You have to be proactive. In my case, I submitted an application in early October when I found out about an opening from another teacher. I even contacted the school and let them know who referred me but not much interest on their part for whatever reason and I just let it go because it's not like I was just dying to work there. Then, in December a week before winter break, I received calls from so many schools about teaching positions. Why at the last minute? Because it took that long to get my application processed. Hopefully they are quicker now. Who knows, it's CMS for you. If you have any other questions you can send me a DM or post it on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte