Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 08:50 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,038,729 times

Advertisements

Hi, everyone

Just a friendly warning...be careful of the vicious laryngitis bug that is out there.....

never have had (complete) laryngitis before. Previously, have only had the kind that made your voice squeak or sounded like I was crying (but I wasn't). This time, I sound like that commercial for the toilet paper where everyone walks around whispering....

Now, many would say that my lack of a voice is a good thing. Unfortunately, I answer the phone for a living, so, this will pose a problem when I return to work after a short vacation on Wednesday.

Anyway, just want to warn everyone again....wash those hands, spray disenfectant around anyone that coughs, drink that OJ and all the rest.

This has been going on for almost a week, been to the dr., got massive doses of antibiotics which killed the rest of the symptoms (fever, chills, sinus infection, and I feel alright overall),but not this. Drinking the hot tea with honey, sucking on the eucalyptos (sp?) drops, all the regular stuff, but, this is a rather stubborn disorder. Web MD says it could last 2 weeks and simply recommends what I am already doing. I am not a very good patient....

Just be careful out there!! Do your best to prevent this one!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 09:47 AM

1,092 posts, read 2,699,470 times
One of my co-workers call in sick today because she has a bad laryngitis infection. It is spreading.....

Old 11-03-2008, 09:50 AM

1,877 posts, read 4,865,965 times
Maybe the politicians traveling to Charlotte will get a touch of it, and give us all a break!!

Old 11-03-2008, 09:55 AM

1,908 posts, read 4,982,826 times
I have a stomach bug right now that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:56 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times
We have bronchitis and sinusitis. And I mean - bad case of bronchitis. Doc checked for legionnaire's (sp???), influenza and several other things . . . anyway, said it was bacterial, not viral. So we are on antibiotics, cough meds, etc. This stuff has knocked us for a loop. We are super careful but unfortunately, we ate lunch next to some guy who was coughing badly (why are people so RUDE????) . . . I changed seats out of fear and still managed to get this nasty stuff . . . And I am the Queen of Purelle and Sanitizing Wet Wipes. SIGH.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
I have a stomach bug right now that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

So sorry, Doorway. Hope you are doing better right away - just a short little virus - not a long drawn out one!!!!!

Old 11-03-2008, 02:00 PM

CHICubs - Hope you start feeling much better! Sipping on hot tea as I write. Then gonna go back to bed. Maybe this means we won't be sick any more this winter??? Maybe? I hope??????

Old 11-03-2008, 02:04 PM

693 posts, read 2,176,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Hi, everyone

Just a friendly warning...be careful of the vicious laryngitis bug that is out there.....

never have had (complete) laryngitis before. Previously, have only had the kind that made your voice squeak or sounded like I was crying (but I wasn't). This time, I sound like that commercial for the toilet paper where everyone walks around whispering....

Now, many would say that my lack of a voice is a good thing. Unfortunately, I answer the phone for a living, so, this will pose a problem when I return to work after a short vacation on Wednesday.

Anyway, just want to warn everyone again....wash those hands, spray disenfectant around anyone that coughs, drink that OJ and all the rest.

This has been going on for almost a week, been to the dr., got massive doses of antibiotics which killed the rest of the symptoms (fever, chills, sinus infection, and I feel alright overall),but not this. Drinking the hot tea with honey, sucking on the eucalyptos (sp?) drops, all the regular stuff, but, this is a rather stubborn disorder. Web MD says it could last 2 weeks and simply recommends what I am already doing. I am not a very good patient....

Just be careful out there!! Do your best to prevent this one!!!
Most laryngitis is viral so antibiotics etc won't help. BUT... if your work is dependent on your ability to speak you may want to ask your doctor for corticosteroids. Steroids reduce the vocal cord inflammation in a hurry.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:13 PM

1,908 posts, read 4,982,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
So sorry, Doorway. Hope you are doing better right away - just a short little virus - not a long drawn out one!!!!!
Thanks, Ani. I hope you and hubby get better very soon. Were you too ill to be Hillary for Halloween?

Old 11-03-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
Thanks, Ani. I hope you and hubby get better very soon. Were you too ill to be Hillary for Halloween?
Sadly, Hill and Bill had to stay in the closet, as it were, this Halloween!!! But we know they will be popular figures for many years to come, so we are sure we will be able to use those masks again!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte