Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2008, 05:40 PM

999 posts, read 4,637,650 times

Advertisements

Don't you just hate seeing all the political signs AFTER the election? Looks like they're trying this to help with the clean up; sounds good to me.

I got this from Sticky Fingers today:

Campaign Signs Never Tasted So Good!

Help us clean up the campaign clutter. AFTER the election, bring in a campaign sign and we'll give you a coupon for a FREE appetizer with purchase of an entree.

We're collecting signs from Nov. 5th through Nov. 12th and will recycle all paper signs that are brought to our restaurants. Click the link below for a list of restaurant locations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 07:25 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,270,225 times
they are suppose to be clean up in a week or two if not they could face a penalty
A radio station in the triad is giving away some prize to the person who brings in the most campaign signs maybe we could get a local station to do the same

Old 11-05-2008, 07:32 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,262,148 times
Honestly I am more frustrated with the plethora of neighborhood signs which live here all year round, esp on the weekends.

My business is in Indian Trail (I live in CLT) and every Monday I arrive at work at 6am (usual) and throw 25+ signs in my dumpster that are on my property.

After a while some builders stopped, but it is ridiculous on a weekly basis.
Once someone called the Stallings police (next stoplight hamlet down from Indian Trail) to come and view my weekly habit of removing the eyesores from my property, installed without my consent, which I toss in the dumpster.
The officer advised that they should remove the signs before I get to the office (never happens) or not install them in the first place.
What a complete waste of time and resources, IMHO...

I might would change my tune if these builders offered to pay me for advertising on my land.
But alas they are too cheap to consider it, so I continue to toss their signs in the trash.

Last edited by mullman; 11-05-2008 at 07:46 PM..

Old 11-05-2008, 11:47 PM

1,367 posts, read 5,719,331 times
I hate the signs after election day! That is a great idea to give incentives to clean them up. Actual, even before elections, I don't like the signs in public/common/road areas. In someone's yard is fine since that's expressing their opinion, but the random signs just seem like clutter.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:01 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,800,514 times
I have to agree about the stepford subdivision signs. Sometimes its really hard to see around a corner because of them. I haven't seen many political signs in comparison.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:00 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,205,956 times
What a great way for this state to clean up the signs after the political races. In CA they just sit until the next big winds and then they blow to where ever????????? I am impressed with the way they handle the signs here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte