U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 09:37 AM

73 posts, read 300,699 times

Advertisements

My realtor is taking us to see resales in the Wesley Oaks neighborhood. I don't know if we should bother to see them because I remember a while back reading about a sex offender that lives in that neighborhood. The residents were trying to kick him out. Was that issue ever resolved?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2007, 09:47 AM

197 posts, read 668,317 times
I don't know if the sex offender is still there. I do know there is a huge Target and retail developement going in that backs directly to Wesley Oaks and that may be great or not so great depending on what you prefer.

Old 02-21-2007, 10:14 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,769 posts, read 6,763,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb36 View Post
My realtor is taking us to see resales in the Wesley Oaks neighborhood. I don't know if we should bother to see them because I remember a while back reading about a sex offender that lives in that neighborhood. The residents were trying to kick him out. Was that issue ever resolved?

Yes, he's gone, been going for a while now.

Yes, there's a Target, Walgreens, etc. coming on Providence and Waxhaw-Indian Trail. It's mostly going to be a "Main Street" type Wesley Chapel. The time frame for all of that is 24-30 months.

Old 02-21-2007, 10:26 AM

293 posts, read 866,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Yes, he's gone, been going for a while now.

Yes, there's a Target, Walgreens, etc. coming on Providence and Waxhaw-Indian Trail. It's mostly going to be a "Main Street" type Wesley Chapel. The time frame for all of that is 24-30 months.

Do you mean Weddington and Waxhaw-Indian Trail Rd??

Old 02-21-2007, 10:35 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,769 posts, read 6,763,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrcts04 View Post
Do you mean Weddington and Waxhaw-Indian Trail Rd??
Oops, yes, that's what I meant

Old 02-21-2007, 12:47 PM

73 posts, read 300,699 times
Thanks for the info. I'm glad the sex offender is gone. I will check out the shopping center when I look at the house. I guess that would be a bad thing if it were in my backyard!

Old 06-27-2007, 05:33 PM

5 posts, read 24,152 times
Default Sex offender website.

I just read your post on Wesley Oaks. Go to familywatchdog.com for info on Sex Offenders!

Old 06-28-2007, 08:16 AM

279 posts, read 979,582 times
You may want to look at Price Mill or Blackstone, both off Weddington-Monroe Road if this is a concern (it was for me, too - we move to Price Mill in August). They are just down from the elementary school. I believe there is a law that sex offenders cannot live w/in a mile (maybe more?) of a school.

The Union Co. website will let you do a search from an address (though some may be too new) - Union County North Carolina Home Page. Go to the bottom of the lefthand menu for the sex offender link to search.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:22 PM

6,772 posts, read 11,893,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb36 View Post
Thanks for the info. I'm glad the sex offender is gone. I will check out the shopping center when I look at the house. I guess that would be a bad thing if it were in my backyard!
I know this is an old thread, but I saw someone asking about Wesley Oaks on another thread and I hate to tell you this, but the sex offender DOES still live there. He lives on Springwood Drive and was convicted of taking indecent liberties with a minor.

He is talked about on another forum I post to so I know he still lives there. I also live right around the corner from there, or can cut thru the woods to that development.

Still shows up as living on Springwood on the watchdog site too.

Last edited by sophialee; 08-01-2009 at 05:31 PM..

Old 08-02-2009, 02:06 AM

743 posts, read 2,027,126 times
I just wanted to chime in. We also have a sex offender in our neighborhood and I usually NEVER see him out and about in the neighborhood. He basically stays in his house. We made it quite clear to our children what he did and that he was known as a sex offender so they know to stay away. But like I said, he never comes out. He has been here little over a year and I have seen him walking his dog once and his wife was with him.

Last edited by md to nc; 08-02-2009 at 02:07 AM.. Reason: corrected sentence
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte