U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 05:04 AM

7,109 posts, read 9,739,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardreamer View Post
Gee, thanks, people.

At this point I'm not seriously considering Charlotte, so no I haven't gone out and conducted interviews or looked up crime reports.
If we knew you weren't serious we would need to charge you. Serious people get free advice.
So pls. send $50 check or MO to my favorite charity:
Italian Charity
CD Charlotte NC
attn: johne482

Thanks. Next case, step right up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 05:17 AM

7,041 posts, read 13,132,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
If we knew you weren't serious we would need to charge you. Serious people get free advice.
So pls. send $50 check or MO to my favorite charity:
Italian Charity
CD Charlotte NC
attn: johne482

Thanks. Next case, step right up.
John, you are HILARIOUS!!

Old 11-12-2008, 06:00 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,484,156 times
Hidden Valley?

Hidden Valley Residents Ready To Move On After Suspected Gang Leader Arrested - Charlotte News Story - WSOC Charlotte

Old 11-12-2008, 06:17 AM

2,447 posts, read 6,656,770 times
Quote:
I've been looking at Belmeade Green, Hidden Creek, Sonoma Village, Wilson Glen, Trentsby Plaza.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Most folks that I know don't live in west Charlotte because its generally a high crime area. But you can also discover that by looking at the CMPD website. Why bother asking about those neighborhoods if you aren't seriously thinking about moving to Charlotte in the first place?
To be fair western Charlotte/Mecklenburg isn't the same as west Charlotte. If I'm not mistaken the area the OP is talking about is off 485, between the Moores Chapel Rd and Brookshire Blvd. interchanges. I know that Belmeade Green is about 5 minutes away from the US National Whitewater Center.

Shardreamer- It's not that people aren't being helpful. There just aren't any regular posters here that are familiar with those specific neighborhoods.

Last edited by NCgirl; 11-12-2008 at 06:42 AM..

Old 11-12-2008, 06:21 AM

7,109 posts, read 9,739,780 times

LOL..guess CLT gets back a NY transplant. Big sign is being prepared for his homecoming:

WELCOME BACK ROSCOE.DIRTBAG OF THE YEAR 2008.

There's music that goes with it: "New York, New York..and if you can't make it there you can't make it anywhere."

Old 11-12-2008, 08:09 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,484,156 times
Doh! Missed that. Sorry

Old 11-12-2008, 01:08 PM

1,852 posts, read 4,675,566 times
Happy to help as stated earlier. Plenty of nice areas, but need to understand what you are looking for. I.E. Job location, kids, activities, etc.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:04 PM

6,272 posts, read 10,029,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardreamer View Post
Gee, thanks, people.

If someone asked for advice about a neighborhood I knew about, I'd be more than happy to share the honest truth of what I knew, but I guess that's just me.

Yes I do have a realtor, but he isn't allowed to tell me anything. And I've asked him what I thought were general questions. I have to say that I grew up in Gastonia and still do all of my business there, so I admit that I may have a distorted view on Charlotte. However, I'd be concerned about any city I'm not familiar with....I don't want to buy a house in a gang zone or up the street from projects.

Furthermore, I have driven through the areas I mentioned. I saw a few people. The homes looked nice enough, but only the people that know the city really know the deal with certain areas. At this point I'm not seriously considering Charlotte, so no I haven't gone out and conducted interviews or looked up crime reports. I just thought that someone who knows Charlotte would be able to offer their honest opinion on those neighborhoods.
Sorry I'm late. I actually work on Moores Chapel. That area of town is know as "tank town" (as in gasoline tanker trucks and massive million gallon plus storage facilities). I drive one of those gasoline trucks for a living. "Tank Town" has some of the greatest potential in Charlotte thanks to its proximity to I-485 and the National White Water center. It is also considered the arm pit of Charlotte as well. You might as well live in the "country" if you are considering a move to tank town. I don't live there, but a gang recently busted out the windows to several of my company's gasoline trucks. We had to install a brand new state of the art automatic gate to keep the knuckleheads out. We had a gate all along, but they broke into the old one so we replaced it.

"Personal entertainment" can be found walking the streets of "tank town" various times of day in search of a trucker in desperate need of "entertainment". These "personal entertainers" are mostly female. Some are men dressed like females (I'm not kidding). There is a "hole in the wall" strip club at the corner of Moores Chapel and Freedom that attracts all kinds of "entertainment" to the area. I am surprised there hasn't been a shoot out at that place yet. I pray there never is one. Am I starting to paint a picture?

I say take your $140,000 and get yourself something in Mt. Holly. Leave "tank town" alone!!! I only go there because of my job. You would think that I would choose to live there for convience. Heck Noooooo!!! Most of my co-workers live in Gastonia, Concord, and parts of Charlotte outside of "tank town". I hope this was the info you seek. Good Night!!!

Old 11-13-2008, 09:14 PM

5 posts, read 10,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Most folks that I know don't live in west Charlotte because its generally a high crime area. But you can also discover that by looking at the CMPD website. Why bother asking about those neighborhoods if you aren't seriously thinking about moving to Charlotte in the first place?

Thanks for the helpful part of your reply. I'm asking because I don't really want to move to Charlotte, but keeping my options semi-open. I just wanted information on these neighborhoods, because if I were to choose to live in Charlotte, those would be the neighborhoods I would consider, just due to their proximity to my hometown.

Old 11-13-2008, 09:16 PM

5 posts, read 10,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Sorry I'm late. I actually work on Moores Chapel. That area of town is know as "tank town" (as in gasoline tanker trucks and massive million gallon plus storage facilities). I drive one of those gasoline trucks for a living. "Tank Town" has some of the greatest potential in Charlotte thanks to its proximity to I-485 and the National White Water center. It is also considered the arm pit of Charlotte as well. You might as well live in the "country" if you are considering a move to tank town. I don't live there, but a gang recently busted out the windows to several of my company's gasoline trucks. We had to install a brand new state of the art automatic gate to keep the knuckleheads out. We had a gate all along, but they broke into the old one so we replaced it.

"Personal entertainment" can be found walking the streets of "tank town" various times of day in search of a trucker in desperate need of "entertainment". These "personal entertainers" are mostly female. Some are men dressed like females (I'm not kidding). There is a "hole in the wall" strip club at the corner of Moores Chapel and Freedom that attracts all kinds of "entertainment" to the area. I am surprised there hasn't been a shoot out at that place yet. I pray there never is one. Am I starting to paint a picture?

I say take your $140,000 and get yourself something in Mt. Holly. Leave "tank town" alone!!! I only go there because of my job. You would think that I would choose to live there for convience. Heck Noooooo!!! Most of my co-workers live in Gastonia, Concord, and parts of Charlotte outside of "tank town". I hope this was the info you seek. Good Night!!!

Thank you so much. That's the honest review I was looking for. I wouldn't have known any of that by just driving through, as I did. Much appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte