U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 03:47 PM

822 posts, read 2,541,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlottebound09 View Post
if u can buy in ballantyne than do it the class of people is better there and I think the schools are as well. Send me a pm and I will tell you all
Quote:
I do not think I feel the need to explain myself, but I will. As I said my children are very happy there and have great teachers, but I am not happy with the admin ( as are many people look at Ed davis has letters a mile long from disgruntled parents) As a teacher in Union myself and living iin the area where my kids go to school and have been for awhile now I have seen both sides of the fence. I just want the lady to be prepared in both senses not just that it is a great school. As far as class who said I was saying that to mean a bad thing. There are many different classes of people in thuis country and world as far as I am concerned so I was not trying to be negative nor offend anyone by any means, just getting the truth out. Have a great day everyone!
Your original statement is very clear that Ballantyne has a "better class of people" than the Wesley Chapel/New Town area. IMHO, your desire to help others acclimate to the area is overshadowed by your words of criticism towards this Union County community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 03:53 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,380,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinman View Post
Your original statement is very clear that Ballantyne has a "better class of people" than the Wesley Chapel/New Town area. IMHO, your desire to help others acclimate to the area is overshadowed by your words of criticism towards this Union County community.
Oh quit yer beefing and get back to your own caste over there in Union County

Old 11-10-2008, 04:04 PM

822 posts, read 2,541,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Oh quit yer beefing and get back to your own caste over there in Union County
Loves,

I think a lot of the advice and information you provide on this board. Your assumption about where I live is incorrect. Not in Union Co. Definitely not in a castle. The only piece of royalty I have is 'the throne.'

Old 11-10-2008, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinman View Post
Loves,

I think a lot of the advice and information you provide on this board. Your assumption about where I live is incorrect. Not in Union Co. Definitely not in a castle. The only piece of royalty I have is 'the throne.'
hahahaha - yet, that's about my only claim to royalty either

OOPS, sorry to insinuate that you lived among the peons in Union County! Gee, what a shame we can't all just be from Ballantyne

Old 11-10-2008, 07:56 PM

7,929 posts, read 17,766,482 times
well I live with the Peons in Union County and let me say our schools Kensington, Rea View Marvin and sandy ridge are far from not UPSCALE...with that being said, my son attends Marvin Ridge and my experience and having a friend from up north and teaching in our schools I must say, you couldnt be anymore off base....The administration is what makes the school...Marvin Ridge is phenominal, Kensington is our personal experience and well excellent about sums it up...So to insinuate that Ballantyne schools are better than Union you arent giving the true facts..From what ive seen and heard, yes there are some excellent schools in S.Charlotte but have no personal experience with them and there are some not so good schools in union, but again I do know people who have children in them and are pleased...I have friends that like New Town and I have friends that are extremely unhappy there, and wish their children stayed in the school they were previously in, however please dont make assumptions because you either had a bad experience or because u work for them...not all schools in Union County are alike as well as not all schools in Charlotte are alike either...

Old 11-11-2008, 08:44 AM

24 posts, read 45,826 times
Berry I have been lurking on this board since we had decided to move to charlotte and you seem to know all so I will let everyone defer to you but let me say 1 thing you just proved my point!

Old 11-11-2008, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Berry I have been lurking on this board since we had decided to move to charlotte and you seem to know all so I will let everyone defer to you but let me say 1 thing you just proved my point!
And you have shown your true colors We all get your "point" now for sure.

To our OP, it seems as though some really like New Town Elementary and have had good experiences there and some have had some complaints. I suggest you make an appt for a visit and tour, meet the principal and decide for yourself if you think the school is a good fit for your particular child. No one school will be right for every single child

Old 11-11-2008, 09:23 AM

3,322 posts, read 4,536,618 times
Quote:

How does she prove your point?

(also, a little punctuation would help. Aren't you a teacher?)

Old 11-11-2008, 09:41 AM

24 posts, read 45,826 times
My kids already went there and we with other families have pulled them out. So I do know the admin. well. Thanks for asking. There are many letters supporting these comments with Ed Davis. Yes ,I am a teacher with a PHD. in education. Thanks for reminding me, but noone is perfect right?

Old 11-11-2008, 02:19 PM

3,322 posts, read 4,536,618 times
Quote:
My kids already went there and we with other families have pulled them out. So I do know the admin. well. Thanks for asking. There are many letters supporting these comments with Ed Davis. Yes ,I am a teacher with a PHD. in education. Thanks for reminding me, but noone is perfect right?
Perfection is one thing, but being an educator and not writing sentences that have correct punctuation on a constant basis is another. I hate being a grammar Nazi, but I expect better from our educators. If I was a student and saw your writing, I would be horrified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte