Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 06:21 PM

28,396 posts, read 16,244,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnival survivor View Post
what's so offensive about what the original poster wrote?

the BL/Golden Tee joke is dead on about CLT though...LOL

FILA! (FOREVER I LOVE ATLANTA)

There's nothing wrong with BudLight if you're not a fan of beer. Some people like anything that's cold. There's no problem with that. I personally couldn't tell the difference between a $10 bottle of Scotch and a $110 bottle of Scotch.

OP - you're looking for good "hang-out" bars, or you're looking for cool/funky/artsy neighborhoods to live in?

You *may* not find both in the same place...

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 11-10-2008 at 08:15 PM.. Reason: USE DM FOR PERSONAL CHAT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 06:48 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,658,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Even though I find your post a bit offensive, I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you are just young and clueless as to how ugly your remarks are.
I didn't find them offensive at all...he wants some place that's not centered around a college crowd or a honky-tonk type of place. I think what he said made it pretty clear what he was looking for (and he did also refer to himself as a dirty-hippie type of person, so its obvious his comments were rather tongue-in-cheek).

To the OP: Again - NoDa, Plaza Midwood - although you'll find some of the bars have a mix of good beer and PBR.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:15 PM

3,774 posts, read 8,149,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromATL View Post
Just got a job in Charlotte - moving from Atlanta. Only been there for the interview. I'm kinda afraid imma miss my dirty ATL good times. What kinda neighborhoods should I look at for young people? (I know this question has prolly been answered to death.) But I'm looking for something kinda artsy and bohemian. No redneck/frat bars and hangouts. (I'm not looking to play Golden Tee and drink Bud-Light) I'm looking to be able to walk to entertainment within the neighborhood.

Thanks
Welcome, we need more bohemians!

You're gonna want to live in Plaza-Midwood or NoDa (kinda has a little 5-points feel). Maybe Chantilly or Elizabeth. There's plenty of cool stuff on the E/SE side of uptown for an urban hipster.

Check out Philosophers Stone, Thomas Street, and about anything near Davidson and 36th... Follow the crowd, good times abound. You can find a good place to live near a cool scene, no problem.

This board draws a lot of suburbanites, so expect some well-intentioned misinformation.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:13 PM

1,877 posts, read 4,841,164 times
Quote:
what's so offensive about what the original poster wrote?

the BL/Golden Tee joke is dead on about CLT though...LOL

CYA! (Carry Your Ass)

Old 11-10-2008, 08:19 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,273,706 times
Default moderator note

THE

Old 11-10-2008, 10:28 PM

124 posts, read 467,226 times
Quote:

Then PLEASE GO THERE ! ! !

Old 11-11-2008, 09:25 PM

201 posts, read 964,748 times
OMG, that sign is a riot Sunny...That's my life in a sign as well LOL...

Old 11-12-2008, 10:31 AM

550 posts, read 1,799,981 times
I think Miller Lite would have been more accurate....that's what I found offensive.

But people are right - you'd probably be happiest in NoDa or Plaza-Midwood. Both have music venues and great dive bars.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:32 PM

7,051 posts, read 12,269,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
This board draws a lot of suburbanites, so expect some well-intentioned misinformation.
Preach brotha Preach!!! I have been posting for a month and I can tell when a suburbanite is speaking within the first sentence. The places in Charlotte the OP is looking for are the kind of places in Charlotte these suburbanites won't dare go (even when the sun is up). 36th Street near Noda and Wilmore near South End is a good start. Plaza Midwood is great too!!! If you pick the right location, you can be almost within walking distance of Plaza Midwood and Noda.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:51 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,351,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Preach brotha Preach!!! I have been posting for a month and I can tell when a suburbanite is speaking within the first sentence.

Pick 'em off just like that, can ya?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte